Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Amazon Link for ZHPMafia ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZHP OEM Spring

Wouldn’t surprise me to learn that the blue stripes were for non-sunroof ZHPs.

And on-topic, I actually might be interested in your front springs, depending on how my suspension refresh teardown goes.

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    BMW has so many different spring types for the same car its pretty amazing. When I had my Nissan Z there were 3 or 4 types only. The OP in this thread has a 03 ZHP sedan and his rear springs have 3 green stripes. I have not figured out what part number 3 green is *yet*, but I have a hunch. http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...tock-Supension

I will be looking (if I can) under my car this weekend to see what my 05 sedan has. I am thinking it will also be green. My current theory of the minute isblue stripes were for cars with lighter/less options and green was for cars with more/heavier options.

Does your car have fold down rear seats? When I look on the ETK that option changes the part number for the rear springs.
    It doesn't. Could it be the heated seats?

Quote Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
    Wouldn’t surprise me to learn that the blue stripes were for non-sunroof ZHPs.

And on-topic, I actually might be interested in your front springs, depending on how my suspension refresh teardown goes.
    Sure, let me know what you're thinking.
    -Dimitri; 19

98 Dakar Yellow M3
    Recaro - Ground Control - Macht Schnell - AP - Mashaw - UUC - Schroth - Apex - TMS

my theory is:
    33536756982 = not sure what color. On the BMW ETK this was for cars with barely any options checked.
    33536756983 = blue stripes for some options. And according to pictures on ECStuning that color is correct.
    33536756984 = Green stripes for heavier options. This is the part number that the BMW ETK says should be on my car. When I look under it I will confirm the stripes are green.

I plugged in what I thought options you had and it kept saying spring number 982. But you have blue stripes which are 983 so I guess I am missing something. It really doesn't matter. I was just researching to satisfy my own curiosity. However, if you feel like playing with it yourself you can go to the link, log in with the info on the screen, go to specific part search, then spring table, enter in your VIN info then play around with the option check boxes yourself. http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/acc...catalogue.html
    Last edited by NorCalZman; 08-05-2014 at 08:24 PM.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

I have my OE ZHP springs sitting in my garage. I can take a picture of the color stripes on them and report back if you guys want.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Im only looking for the rear ones , interested to sell?

NorCalZman, Someone is collecting info of E46 springs, is that site public? I'd like to contribute next time I'm under my ZHP and E46 wagon(sport package). I'm suspicious the wagon springs were replaced as the stripes showed cleaner than I'd expect. They were green if I recall not sure how many. I know it is not uncommon to have rear springs break.

Warren

My left rear spring was broken.

Sent from an S6 Edge
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    My left rear spring was broken.

Sent from an S6 Edge
    So was mine. Rusted through.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12