Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Amazon Link for ZHPMafia ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New member and owner in Ca

I've been looking everywhere and finally yesterday I drove my, new to me, 2004 black on black AT sedan home. After years of 911's, mid 90's Impala SS's, hot rod cars and trucks and many many motorcycles (I own a motorcycle dealership) and now having two small kids I decided that while I want a fun car, I also need a sedan. That's not exactly what led me to find out about the ZHP though...in fact, I've been a fan for many years and just needed the needs for the sedan to make the time right.

I've only had one BMW before and it was a 318. Even that was enough to understand that there's something about a BMW that is a drivers car and can't be explained. So far, after 24 hours now, it's one of, if not the most fun car I've had to date. I live at the base of the San Bernardino mountains so as soon as I have time to go for a fun drive you can bet I'll be enjoying it a lot.

As for the car, it's been maintained very well. I found a date code of 23/3/2015 on the radiator so that was nice and it looks like all hoses were replaced at that time, newish tires, good pads and disks, shifts very firm so I'm wondering if this is a ZHP trait or a sign it was rebuilt. In either case it's feels great. The front grabs freeway grooves a bit so maybe it needs bushings. All this and more to carefully diagnose and fix as needed but this is a 143k car so I expected a few items. Overall this car is an 8 which is almost unheard of unless it had owners that took care of it. I wish I could say I knew all it's history but I purchased from a dealer in Thousand Oaks who got it at auction. Anyone recognize the car?

Looking forward to meeting some other Southern California owners!

Art
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Where in SoCal? Welcome!
    Modification Thread
    Original Car: Silver Grey on Grey, A/T (1 of 186)
    As it sits: Silver Grey on Black, M/T (1 of 51)
    European Auto Source Tech
    Instagram: @CarbonZHP

Nice car!

Welcome.

Welcome, man ! That car is a beauty. Mine sits at 141k miles and still runs strong.

Welcome

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Welcome! There are a lot of members in the Socal area, where abouts are you located! Having a new radiator is a good sign, and hopefully the car had a previous owner who took care of it! My story of my ZHP is similar to yours, I got it from a dealer who got it from an auction. Mine didnt have a new radiator until just recently :/

My car also grabs the grooves on the highway and believe bushings are to blame and the fact they make roads out of concrete here. If you have any questions feel free to reach out to any of us. I recently rebuilt the entire front end of my car. new cooling system, new CCV, all the gaskets for the oil system, and much much more.

If you are near Irvine, there is a car meet on Wednesday nights at Quickly. Pretty decent get together most of the time.

Post up some more pics!

Welcome, Art!

Seems like you've had a fun vehicle history (I've always wanted to drive 911s from various eras).

Hanks for the reception! I'm in a little town in the Inland Empire called Redlands. I won't make it to Quicklys this week but I should be able to next week. I'll have to check it out.

I've heard of several stories of ZHPs that went to auction. Seems odd to me that there's so many.

Welcome fellow SoCal. As said, def members in the SoCal, including a couple of us somewhat far away from you in the South Bay.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast