Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smolck View Post

3.46 makes the car what it should be from BMW. It is slightly slower in the 0-60 category because you have to shift to third to make it, but both second and third gears are a monster and the overall 1/4 mile times are better by .3 seconds. And passing on the highway no longer requires downshifting to 5th.
    I agree. 3.62 is even more fun haha.

Are you considering a full header-back exhaust? Cause it feels like a bottleneck will be your exhaust if you get headers. In California, I have issues with dealing with smog check. I personally would go with a eurocharged tune so when you do get the headers, you can get a new tune again for the headers.

I love my Shark but I will admit that when I do my headers I will be switching over to a Eurocharged as well for two reasons.

First being what Dane said that it will be customizable.

Second being that Conforti does not offer a cat-less tune for the 330. So you will get a check engine light.

Every time I talk to Turner about this I get the same generic answer of "a new file for headers is coming soon", it's been almost a year and I keep getting the run around. So bye bye Shark and hello Eurocharged.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by 328ioc; 09-30-2013 at 05:38 AM.
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

So now I am in a real pickle, cash is available for intake or headers. I just have to pick one. I'm leaning toward intake for three reasons (what do you all think of my rationale?)

1. Super easy install (unlike headers which I have done before, but still takes 5 hours)
    2. No CEL
    3. No obnoxious sound and will compliment the software when I get it. If I like the gains, I may stop there and not go the header route due to noise, smell, and general hassle.

My point is, of all the mods I am more on the fence about the headers than anything else, I just don't want to destroy daily live-ability just for 10hp. So maybe starting with the other things is better?

Thoughts?

Check out my youtube channel for all kinds of E46 DIY's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee
    Check out my BMW Blog
    http://smolckbmw.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on twitter @smolck

Quote Originally Posted by Smolck View Post
    So now I am in a real pickle, cash is available for intake or headers. I just have to pick one. I'm leaning toward intake for three reasons (what do you all think of my rationale?)

1. Super easy install (unlike headers which I have done before, but still takes 5 hours)
    2. No CEL
    3. No obnoxious sound and will compliment the software when I get it. If I like the gains, I may stop there and not go the header route due to noise, smell, and general hassle.

My point is, of all the mods I am more on the fence about the headers than anything else, I just don't want to destroy daily live-ability just for 10hp. So maybe starting with the other things is better?

Thoughts?
    I agree with your logic. I would love headers but don't want the CEL and potential hassle involved with that. Not to mention headers with high flow cats are stupid expensive

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

I agree as well which is why I have everything BUT headers even though I consider them everyday.

Personally I think an intake is a great first step.

Performance changes with and intake or a tune won't be massively noticeable.

But the sound coming from an intake is very noticeable, very intoxicating and worth every penny IMO.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Intake.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Sway bars and Z4M offset thrust bushings

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Sway bars and Z4M offset thrust bushings
    What do the z4m offset thrust bushings do? I don't even know what those are... sorry for being a noob. I have sway bars, and am all about handling over speed (first).
    Matt/Matthew/Belvin
    2003 ZHP Sedan, 6sp, Jet Black/Sand with Black Cube
    *Amber Army*

First Mod: Headers or Shark Injector?

They increase caster in the front wheels.

I got the idea from my buddy with an E30 325i who put E30 M3 offset bushings on his car, then realized the Z4M ones work for us in the same way

More caster gives you more negative camber on the outside wheel when in a turn, without giving more negative camber when going straight or braking. This should in theory give you better front-end grip when cornering without accelerating inner shoulder wear on front tires. Only possible downside is more steering effort at speed and offset bushings move tires forward in wheel well.

I'm thinking of upgrading my camber plates to get more caster.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast