Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Derek's E90: ///M3 Sedan Journal

2011 E90 M3
    nickname: Beluga Whale
    Post last updated: 2019-07-21

Specifications:
    Code:
    Build Date: 05/2010
    Exterior: Alpine White
    Interior: Black Novillo Leather
    Transmission: 6spd Manual
    Options: ZTP, ZPP, 302, 465, 494, 507, 6FL
    NCSExpert Coding Parameters in a Google Sheet
    A few folks expressed interest in my coding parameters so this is listed here for people to take a look at.
    https://goo.gl/WgbYXa

#Background
    Hello everyone! I purchased my M3 in the fall of 2017 but first, a little background of my history. My first BMW was a 2004 330i Performance Package 6MT, Black Sapphire/Cloth interior that I bought in 2009. Originally it was my daily driver but it evolved into more of a weekend/HPDE car. I threw a "few" (Stoptech ST40 BBK, GC Coilovers, M3 rear subframe/LSD/Brakes and a few more items) mods on there and setup was perfect as a comfortable street trackable car. But the car eventually reached a point where I was itching for more power but did not want to deal with an S54 swap or forced induction. I made the decision to sell it and look for an E90M3. I will forever miss this car!

#The Hunt
    It was only natural that an E90M3 replace my E46 ZHP sedan as it was the next generation's best sedan option. I was fortunate enough to sell my car in August and the hunt started! I figured that I should get what I want so I had a fairly strict set of must-have options:

6MT (Absolutely must-have)
    LCI E90 (ideally 2011.5 for the bluetooth Combox but okay with early 2011 as well)
    Black interior and exterior ideally should be Space gray, Alpine white, or Jerez black in that order.

It wasn't until the search started to become serious where I realized the production numbers for 6MT LCI E90s were a mere 1055 units in North America. ZCP would've been great, but there were only 355 of those! I truly believed I would be searching for months if not years. A month into my hunt (Sept 2017), I found a no-picture ad that had a VIN of a single-owner LCI E90 6MT Alpine white with 52k miles. I immediately hunted for the dealership's phone number and got a hold of the salesman. Long story short, I am a proud owner of an E90M3 2011 Slicktop!

September 2017:
    Original shot after detail in

October 2017:
    After the trailer dropped off the car from Rhode Island to my place in California. Since the car is a pre-COMBOX car, I bought a WMA3000b for Bluetooth streaming music. This solution is decent enough for me as remote controls on the steering wheel still works. I'm happy with the pricepoint of this "mod."

November 2017:
    I got an OEM exhaust mod done by Todd at Exhaust works in Belmont, CA. One of the best mods to date. I really like the noise it makes without adding drone during highway cruising.
    The car parked next to my fiance's E30 shows how large the E90 has come since the early 90s!
    Sometime during the month as well, I ended up updating my Navigation maps to 2018-1 even though I don't really use it much. 8 years of updates is kinda of nice to have, just in case.
    The final pic of the month was during a few drives through local wineries. I have to say I have grown to love the E90M LCI rear end!

December 2017:
    There were a few updates this month! I remove the matte black grilles that came with the car and replaced them with OE gloss black ones.
    I addressed the squeak seals with teflon tape right before a nice cruise with a friend with a nice alpine white ZHP. An OE euro triangle and first aid kit finishes up the new pieces.
    At the end of the month, I dropped off the car at Performance Technic to do WPC Bearings/ARP rod bolts. Motor mounts were also replaced at the same time. As usual, Courtney from Performance Technic did an amazing job with the photos!

Before/After

January 2018:
    I finally took the car out of hibernation and went on a breakfast cruise with a few friends. The list was a fully stacked one. 996TT, 997.1GT3, WRXSTi, Ftype, F82, and my brother on a GSXR.

February 2018:
    I ended up finding a great deal on the special BBS GT4RE 18x10 squared set locally from AlekShop. Comparison of the GT4 next to my brother's Msport 335d EC7s. It is hard to notice in the picture, but the spoke sharpness at the middle of the Y is slightly different. It's very subtle and Apex did a really good job getting it pretty damn close. I basically have Apex EC7s with BBS wheels. :

And that's where we end for now.

Thanks for reading this very long post! I look forward to enjoying this car for a very long time and continue to update my adventures with it! I hope to build a CS inspired E90. Everyday suitability but race optimized.
    Last edited by derbo; 07-24-2021 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Updating List

Subscribed, bruh.

Good find.
    2005 IR / black / 6MT
    157,000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by dkmcclelland View Post
    Subscribed, bruh.
    You know you would get updates far faster than this thread lol

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Good find.
    Thanks man! I honestly did not expect to find one so soon. With that small of a pool, I was expected to hunt for about a year..but that ended up being only a month!

That's just a beautiful thing. Exactly how I would have got it I think too. I'm heavy breathing over it lol
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Me likey.

You got yourself one fine ///M Derek! Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for her! Enjoy my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    You got yourself one fine ///M Derek! Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for her! Enjoy my friend!
    what about you? any plans to add a newer M car to the stable in the future?
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    what about you? any plans to add a newer M car to the stable in the future?
    No. I'm completely content with what I currently have in my stable. No need for anything else for me...

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast