Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Well that's pretty darn spiffy!

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    Cool video.

I know I have 2-stage braking on my Z4M but have no clue at what threshold it kicks in
    Z4 LCM is actually the same as the E46 LCM, so you should be able to enable stage 3 with the above lines. Though I would set it this way:

Code:
    BFD_SW1_STUFE2 aktiv / nicht_aktiv BFD Stage 2 activation using Deceleration Sensor (Sensor 1?
    BFD_SW2_STUFE2 aktiv / nicht_aktiv BFD Stage 2 activation using Deceleration Sensor
    BFD_SW1_STUFE3 aktiv / nicht_aktiv BFD Stage 3 activation using Deceleration Sensor
    BFD_SW2_STUFE3 aktiv / nicht_aktiv BFD Stage 3 activation using Deceleration Sensor (Sensor 2?)
    BFD_ABS_STUFE3 aktiv / nicht_aktiv BFD Stage 3 activation using ABS sensor
    BLST1_BLST3 aktiv / nicht_aktiv Outer tail lights blink during Stage 3 as well

So what would the difference be between this:

BFD_SW1_STUFE2 aktiv / nicht_aktiv BFD Stage 2 activation using Deceleration Sensor (Sensor 1?
    BFD_SW2_STUFE2 aktiv / nicht_aktiv BFD Stage 2 activation using Deceleration Sensor
    BFD_SW1_STUFE3 aktiv / nicht_aktiv BFD Stage 3 activation using Deceleration Sensor
    BFD_SW2_STUFE3 aktiv / nicht_aktiv BFD Stage 3 activation using Deceleration Sensor (Sensor 2?)

and this:

Also, would there be a preferred setup for cars driven in snow vs cars that aren't?

I'm wondering if using the ABS sensor might cause the BFD to come on more than you'd want when driving in snow.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Driving in snow shouldn't be a factor in your decision. If you're hitting ABS in snow/ice, you're going too fast for the conditions anyway and people behind you should be warned about your situation.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

To each his own I guess I'm just not sure I want this thing tripped every time a wheel briefly locks up on a patch of ice.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    To each his own I guess I'm just not sure I want this thing tripped every time a wheel briefly locks up on a patch of ice.
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Driving in snow shouldn't be a factor in your decision. If you're hitting ABS in snow/ice, you're going too fast for the conditions anyway and people behind you should be warned about your situation.
    I don't think I agree that you're always going too fast when ABS kicks in. Especially when stopping on a slope, it'll get triggered when you're very close to a stop (as in you're already going about as slow as you can go without being stopped).

That said, I think the ABS trigger should stay. In winter conditions, often times the traction is low enough that you can't decelerate fast enough to hit the thresholds. But with the ABS trigger set, at least you'll be warning people about low traction and such.

Also I should correct those translations

BFD_SW1_STUFE2 aktiv / nicht_aktiv BFD Stage 2 activation with deceleration threshold 1
    BFD_SW2_STUFE2 aktiv / nicht_aktiv BFD Stage 2 activation with deceleration threshold 2
    BFD_SW1_STUFE3 aktiv / nicht_aktiv BFD Stage 3 activation with deceleration threshold 1
    BFD_SW2_STUFE3 aktiv / nicht_aktiv BFD Stage 3 activation with deceleration threshold 2
    BFD_ABS_STUFE3 aktiv / nicht_aktiv BFD Stage 3 activation with ABS
    BLST1_BLST3 aktiv / nicht_aktiv Main brake lights "stage 1" used as stage 3 (blinking)

If anyone's curious, the actual threshold values are in the cluster (AKMB) settings. I haven't figured out what units they are in though.

Thanks terra! I didnt know the translation

Is your setup, using stage 2 during heavy deceleration, and stage 3 during abs activation?

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Thanks terra! I didnt know the translation

Is your setup, using stage 2 during heavy deceleration, and stage 3 during abs activation?
    I've got it so that:
    Stage 2 = heavy deceleration
    Stage 3 = very heavy deceleration OR ABS

That said, so far I have not been able to trigger stage 3 without ABS, which to me suggests I don't have enough grip to hit that 2nd threshold. And I'm running Pilot Super Sports.

I might just eliminate stage 2 and have stage 3 set to threshold 1 and ABS. Stage 2 isn't super noticeable on coupes

That little outer ring is very slight even when I'm inches behind the car in Front. I only noticed it on the E92s when I started looking for it in the E46 M3s.

I'll have to play around with it and see if I can even hit Stage 3 before ABS with your setup. I am running Star Spec tires so it might be possible.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast