Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A harsh reality

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    How tall are you? I'm 6'6" and I don't find it that bad...
    I'm 6'6" and its pretty miserable. How do you have your seat set up?

For street driving its pretty survivable. But with a helmet on my head is firmly planted on the roof, making the movement for looking around on the track more effort and the extra height from the helmet is keeping my arms almost fully extended.
    Non exact measurements are
    28" shoulder to first knuckle
    40" butt to top of head (nearly) so add a couple to get the helmet height in
    46.5" heel to back of butt

Have you considering a racing seat with low profile mounts? That will solve your ceiling problem but not necessarily the length problem. I have a Recaro SPG in my car its significantly lower than the lowest setting on the stock seat. The center console acts as armrest more than the armrest itself.

Oh, okay. Yeah having a helmet would be a no for me. Get a new seat, or some custom metal work to lower yours. More extreme option: sun roof delete via custom carbon fiber roof. That's mad money if you can't do most of the work yourself, though. Plus it'd be good on the track.

#tallpeopleproblems
    In the market for an E90 M3

I would do a proper racing seat with low-mounts

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Do the seats go back further, thus more room, in the sedan?

1971 2002 - 1980 528i -
    1986 535is
    2002 M5 - 2006 330ci - 2006 X3 M-Sport 6MT
    Sort of gave my ZHP to my wife, which enabled me to buy an e39 M5. I won, twice.

I don't think there is a difference there. My problem isn't that the seat doesn't go back far enough, its that I cant get close enough. I can get pretty far forward, but because of the length of my torso and head plus the helmet I'm leaning back so far that my arms are way too extended. And there is no way that I saw to have my head off of the roof and be able to reach the wheel.

An aftermarket steering wheel with a steering hub extender would solve this problem. The only major con is you will lose your airbag.

I know this isnt an BMW picture but the hub between the column and wheel have various lengths.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-10...acer-15mm.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    An aftermarket steering wheel with a steering hub extender would solve this problem. The only major con is you will lose your airbag.

I know this isnt an BMW picture but the hub between the column and wheel have various lengths.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-10...acer-15mm.aspx
    Love this.

#shortpeoplerule

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I was actually thinking of a solution like that, though i hadnt looked into details, but that would def be something that id only be willing to do for a dedicated track car.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by Asiah119 View Post
    I was actually thinking of a solution like that, though i hadnt looked into details, but that would def be something that id only be willing to do for a dedicated track car.
    Yea, but if you get a removable steering wheel hub too, it can be a theft deterrent as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast