Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Angel Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by JKO_ZHP View Post
    I have Umnitza Orion V2's - one of the batches that had some faulty rings according to an insider. First, one ring went bad, then just two nights ago, all four stopped working. Everything seems in order but I will have someone else check it out as I'm not even slightly knowledgeable of the wiring. It's been less than two years since they were professionally installed. I guess that is why they came up with the 2.5s.

I've also had DEPO's (Helios). Those were UU shaped unlike Umnitza's OO. They were actually as bright as the V2's but I can't attest to their longevity though, mine were destroyed in a crash just months later.

Weisslicht.....I think I've seen them before on some pre-LCI E46 M3's around here. Not as bright, but probably because the rings are thinner too.

There is one other option: The Retrofit Source. I think their new Morimoto XB LED angel eyes are ordered by the pair, not set, so you can choose the two that would fit your size requirements.
    JKO, Hieu (sillieidiot) in Fountain Valley installed my AE's, you might want to ping him.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

I have a 2005 sedan.....I know NOT having them seems to be the coolest thing ever, but I don't like being cool! They look cool, but maybe they aren't worth the $150 potential trouble?

Yup, do what you want. Just cuz a few ppl on e46fanatics say angel eyes are "played out", doesn't mean nutting.

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

I prefer the halogen ones on Rando's vert if I HAD to get AE.

I personally like city lights more

Thanks Derek.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Yup, do what you want. Just cuz a few ppl on e46fanatics say angel eyes are "played out", doesn't mean nutting.
    +1

Either you do it or you don't....all that matters is that you're happy with your car

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    +1

Either you do it or you don't....all that matters is that you're happy with your car

Oh, I"m +1-ing all the way on that one. I'm just bummed because what I want isn't available......so I'm losing momentum.

angel eyes on non-BMW cars is played out, and just looks tacky in many instances. They still are cool on bimmers because they actually look good...

^I agree. The headlights are perfect for it, just looks natural. I just wish they'd make a 5000k set.

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    My Morimoto angel eyes did not match in color between the large and small ring, but they were a discount item, so maybe that's why.

Do research on them before you buy.

From what it looks like on Retrofit website the rings they sell look very yellow when off......but GREAT when on. They even put it as a disclaimer in their description attributing it to the phosphorus coating they have on the leds.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast