Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 44 of 823 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144544 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    Anybody realized any mpg increases from lighter wheels? I'm looking apex wheels that are about 8 pounds less each than our style 135s.

I figured they'd help out in city driving the most.
    It will helps with picking up. On the freeway it will actually lose speed faster on decel as there is less weight to keep the speed going. Overall improvement outside mpg is good as well with less unsprung weight.

sent from Moto X Dev Edition

Yea I had a feeling it would do that on the freeway.

95% of the reason I would get them is for non-fuel performance increase.

Just makes it an easier to sell to the wifey

"But sweety, my MPG will go up!"

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    Yea I had a feeling it would do that on the freeway.

95% of the reason I would get them is for non-fuel performance increase.

Just makes it an easier to sell to the wifey

"But sweety, my MPG will go up!"
    That's the angle I would approach with!

Sent from in the bushes

My 7 year itch.

Mods: BimmerBrakes Headers, Magnaflow full system, BYS Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads, Racing Dynamics Intake, Dinan Throttle Body, Bavarian Auto Short Shifter, ECS Tuning Strut Bar, Projector Fogs, Blackout Grilles, Euro Smoked Tail Lights, Black Corner Lights.

Upcoming: Coil Overs, Sway Bars, Polyurethane Bushings all around, M3 motor mounts

Quick question thread, ehh...? Try these on for size..

I'd like to price the following items for sale in the San Diego area, what are you thoughts on 'fair' pricing..?

- BMW e46 330ci ZHP Performance Package OEM Rims (Condition: 8 or 9 out of 10?)
    - BMW e46 330ci ZHP Performance Package Front & Rear OEM Rotors (Replaced for visual upgrade, not worn/damaged)
    - BMW e46 330ci ZHP Performance Package Front & Rear Speakers (Owner upgraded, not worn/damaged)

Any further information/help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
    Last edited by AProudSailor; 04-24-2014 at 02:57 PM. Reason: My piss-poor spelling, lol!

Car not for sale, driver negotiable..

Wheels will be like $400-600.

OEM rotors are the same across all 330s.

speakers are the same across all cars equipped with Harden Karmen systems.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

The Random E46/ZHP Question Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gmurphy View Post
    Ok so my thermostat is fairly new and I like to turn on the OBD function that allows me to view the coolant temp. At idle my car sits at around 95-98 degrees. When driving it's constantly changes to 92-95. And under acceleration it dips to 87 then climbs back up. Should I replace it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is totally normal. The more revs, the better the cooling. My temperature dips down to 75ish when on track because I'm pushing the cooling system to its most efficient. Whenever I do a 3rd gear downshift with hard acceleration on the highway it goes down a bit as well. This is nothing to worry about. Your temp gauge will stay in the middle because it is programmed to stay there between 75 and I think 110 degrees Celsius or so. I programmed mine to show actual so the moment it leaves the 90-100ish range, I know.

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    This is totally normal. The more revs, the better the cooling. My temperature dips down to 75ish when on track because I'm pushing the cooling system to its most efficient. Whenever I do a 3rd gear downshift with hard acceleration on the highway it goes down a bit as well. This is nothing to worry about. Your temp gauge will stay in the middle because it is programmed to stay there between 75 and I think 110 degrees Celsius or so. I programmed mine to show actual so the moment it leaves the 90-100ish range, I know.

Thank you for the clarification. I was reading some stuff on e46fanatics and they claimed the car must always maintain 95. Not visiting that site ever again... Thanks

2005 BMW 330i ZHP A08
    Dinan Stage 1
    ~ Garry Murphy

Thank you for the clarification. I was reading some stuff on e46fanatics and they claimed the car must always maintain 95. Not visiting that site ever again... Thanks

All the information I posted was simply because if the coolant gauge hack. With stock settings you'd never know your temperatures are fluctuating so much because it's programmed to stay dead center in all of those ranges. That's probably why BMW programmed it as such, so people don't freak out.

The temperature staying at 95 is most definitely not a "requirement".

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    All the information I posted was simply because if the coolant gauge hack. With stock settings you'd never know your temperatures are fluctuating so much because it's programmed to stay dead center in all of those ranges. That's probably why BMW programmed it as such, so people don't freak out.

The temperature staying at 95 is most definitely not a "requirement".

And before I overhauled my cooling system it really did pretty much stay in the 94-96 range so I am glad I got myself I new waterpump!

Sent from a Secret Location (Lincoln,NE exit 395 on I-80)
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP A08
    Dinan Stage 1
    ~ Garry Murphy

Samsung Galaxy S5...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 44 of 823 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144544 ... LastLast