Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 223 of 823 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323723 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Engine coils. When to replace them? Wait till a code appears ?

New plugs installed at 120k. Car now is at 135k.
    Coils are part of a tune-up at 100k mile intervals.

Quote Originally Posted by mynamenumber View Post

-- My turn signal flashes the front side indicators (yellow) AND ALSO the two white angel eyes, whether or not the lights are on. Is this correct? I think my PO replaced something in the headlights, since the side indicators have a white cover instead of yellow ('05 sedan).
    The previous owner who wired them up didn't do it correctly. The angel eyes in your case were tapped into the turn signal wires. They should be tapped to ignition instead for DRL functionality or elsewhere so it doesn't blink when turn signals are activated.

sent from my Droid Turbo
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    In the last few days when I turn on the car, there's a loud pop from the subwoofer. Speakers sound fine but haven't really played with it. One E46F thread suggested it was an amp dying. Can anyone confirm or deny that?
    I had a similar issue where the grommet in the trunk drain channels was missing and water would leak on top of my Amp. The connectors were all corroded and green in color. It would cause my speakers to pop all the time after every car wash. I fixed the grommet and replaced the amp and all has been well.

-Derek

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I had a similar issue where the grommet in the trunk drain channels was missing and water would leak on top of my Amp. The connectors were all corroded and green in color. It would cause my speakers to pop all the time after every car wash. I fixed the grommet and replaced the amp and all has been well.
    Which rubber grommet are you talking about, the one on the right side that connects to the trunk lid? I want to inspect the amp but not sure 100% sure it's on the driver's side under the carpet and I don't want to go tearing it up if it's not there (the emergency triangle mount is a pain to remove). Any ideas where it might be in the coupe?

I'll also be replacing my battery, hopefully this week, so maybe that'll help.

Are your angel eyes lit all the time, or only while your headlights are on?
    They are on when the lights are one click right, and two clicks right. Two clicks adds the proper headlight.

If they're off, though, they flash ON along with the turn signal, or OFF if they're on already.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    The previous owner who wired them up didn't do it correctly. The angel eyes in your case were tapped into the turn signal wires. They should be tapped to ignition instead for DRL functionality or elsewhere so it doesn't blink when turn signals are activated.

sent from my Droid Turbo

I felt like this was the case. Is there an online reference for the correct wiring / how to access / headlights 101 that I could use to walk-through my current wiring situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Engine coils. When to replace them? Wait till a code appears ?

New plugs installed at 120k. Car now is at 135k.
    I did mine @185k ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a way to code it so that the doors auto-unlock when I turn off the ignition? I'm getting tired of having to either pull the door handle twice or push the unlock button on the center console every time I turn off the car. I think I can code out the auto-lock feature using PASoft, but I'd prefer to preserve the auto-lock feature for safety/security reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by mynamenumber View Post
    They are on when the lights are one click right, and two clicks right. Two clicks adds the proper headlight.

If they're off, though, they flash ON along with the turn signal, or OFF if they're on already.

I felt like this was the case. Is there an online reference for the correct wiring / how to access / headlights 101 that I could use to walk-through my current wiring situation?
    Sounds like the PO wired it to the turn signals or headlight wiring. When I installed my Khoalty angel eyes on my '03 330Ci (pre-facelift), I followed their directions which wired the angel eyes so they were lit whenever the car was on (regardless of whether or not the headlights were lit) as well when the interior lights were on (link: http://www.khoalty.com/blog/e46-angel-eye-install/).

Which is the best place to buy OE m3 tranny mounts for my Zhp? Thinking its time to replace them as preventive maintenance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Wait, so maybe a SUPER 101 question: Are Angel Eyes not standard for ZHPs? Mine is 2005, with:
    522 Xenon Light Xenon-licht

Which I just assumed included the angel eye component. Is that not the case (e.g it's aftermarket)?

The S522A option code is for xenon lights. E46s were not equipped with angel eyes.

Is there a way to code it so that the doors auto-unlock when I turn off the ignition? I'm getting tired of having to either pull the door handle twice or push the unlock button on the center console every time I turn off the car. I think I can code out the auto-lock feature using PASoft, but I'd prefer to preserve the auto-lock feature for safety/security reasons.
    Nope. Sorry.
    I live in a shady city but not even I have auto lock doors. Too few situations where it could be handy to make it worth having to pull that stupid handle twice every single time I want to get out of the car, IMO. Situational awareness trumps all of those situations anyway.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 223 of 823 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323723 ... LastLast