Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    BTW, Terra, you're always a huge driving force in these amazing electronic DIY/retro/fixes... Hats off to you man!
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    ZHP clusters come with newer software that deals with that curve a little differently, so you'll want to follow the instructions in the post below

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15455435
    In other words, what's posted from e46 fanatics is for pre facelift cars?

Do you think I should grab your post and add it to the end of the first post? We want to be sure that ZHP people code their cars correctly, after all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    ZHP clusters come with newer software that deals with that curve a little differently, so you'll want to follow the instructions in the post below

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15455435

Thanks Terra :D

Sub'd. Thanks Terra!
    Call me Giya (sounds just like Karmann Ghia) | '05 ZHP Coupé AT - Sparkling Graphite Metallic | Project thread

Wear Italian, Kiss French, Drink Russian, Drive German

Wow, I didn't realize how little information the coolant temperature indicator provides.
    Does the car provide any type of audible warning when faced with imminent overheating? I was under the impression it did, but how would I know?

Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention!

I tried this yesterday and my values on the originally mentioned lines didn't match up at all. I'll check out the link provided for facelift cars and try that today to see if the values match up. If so, I'll be doing this today.

Thanks so much for this info... this will be extremely valuable when on track!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I tried this yesterday and my values on the originally mentioned lines didn't match up at all. I'll check out the link provided for facelift cars and try that today to see if the values match up. If so, I'll be doing this today.

Thanks so much for this info... this will be extremely valuable when on track!
    Be sure to report back on the values and the gauge behavior after!

Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by Fried_Chicken View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize how little information the coolant temperature indicator provides.
    Does the car provide any type of audible warning when faced with imminent overheating? I was under the impression it did, but how would I know?

Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention!
    Not really. Look up 'coolant snitch', which someone developed for that reason.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    Be sure to report back on the values and the gauge behavior after!

I tried it today after reading the link provided by Terra. This works like a charm!
    It's going to take quite a while to get used to the coolant temp gauge staying on the cold side for such a long time while warming up as it is showing the correct temps now. When you shut the car off (in the winter), very shortly, the needle moves down quite a bit, where before it would stay in the middle after starting the car back up because of that wide temperature range it previously had.

It is most definitely a worthwhile thing to do. I just hope I won't freak out when it starts to rise towards the right-side when I'm on the track in the summer!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

^^^ as someone in the original thread mentioned that can be an advantage as we are less likely to floor it if our temp gauges are still on their way to the middle mark.

glad to hear it worked. I am going to attempt this next week.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast