Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Asiah119

You've gotten good suggestions from BP, Derek & Kyle. When I mount my camera for analysis, like Kyle, I prefer mounting it outside the car behind the driver. Either on the rear passenger or rear quarter window. This gives me a view of the front, the edge of the car, my hands and helmet. I think those items are much more important than seeing the majority data that is in your video. That said there is value in using both your phone and a GoPro together. If I have access to a second camera I mount it using the passenger headrest. I try to aim it so I can see out the front and also what I'm doing with my hands and feet. I plan to try my GoPro with Harry's Lap Timer this year.

BP's comments about driving are right on. This sport time time and practice. Lots of practice. There really are very few naturals. Regarding VIR, I watched several laps but not the whole video. It's been 10+ years since I've driven there. Also, I wasn't in the car with you. So take my comments with a grain of salt.

1. It looks like you can carry more speed through the left handler and down the hill. It doesn't seem like you are hitting the apex. You might be as much as a 1/2 car width off it. And you aren't on the throttle (or at least full throttle) until almost track out. Yes, it is a tricky blind turn. But the track isn't going to move from lap to lap. Get your line right and then have faith and confidence the track will be exactly where it was the lap before.

2. I think you are entering Oak Tree too fast. At least the second part of the turn. Again you aren't getting on the throttle till the end of the turn. That hurts you all the way down the back straight. Plus you are going uphill the whole way. Slow down on entry, hit the apex and position the car so you get on the throttle at or before the second apex. Make the straight as long as possible.

Good luck and drive safe.

t.

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    Derek, I know how you can cut a few seconds of your lap times.

Clears.

If you are planning to do any analysis, its best to have data from something like harry's laptimer. The onboard GPS is only polling at 1Hz so its not exactly accurate for corner speeds but its relatively good for laptimes. I would suggest a BT external GPS if you do use harry's laptimer. http://www.amazon.com/Dual-Electroni...words=xgps150a

I had my eye on this and I've talked to several local track guys who like this setup with their phones.

I plan to have two GoPros, One of the middle of the bumper and one watching my driver inputs. Including the Harry laptimer data with the external 5GHz, I will have a great source of information to analyze and see what I am doing wrong. I will need ODB wifi setup as well for throttle and brake positions further down the line but I think this is beyond excessive for someone who is doing this for recreation..

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    What are you using to get brake position? Torque gives me a display for everything the car has a sensor for, I have a throttle position (I think) but definitely not a brake position.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12