Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    The comma represents "or", not "and"; so that wert_05 option translates to "(C12 OR S54) AND NOT DROSSEL"

Seems like bmw wants the C12s to be wert_05 for some reason.
    Yep, that's a good catch. So derbo, since you're module is a C12 then that explains why yours is wert_05. My module is a C13, so wert_10 is right for mine.

Good stuff.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

Quote Originally Posted by rkneeshaw View Post
    Yep, that's a good catch. So derbo, since you're module is a C12 then that explains why yours is wert_05. My module is a C13, so wert_10 is right for mine.

Good stuff.
    what kind of LSD do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    what kind of LSD do you have?
    Getting the Wavetrac installed in less than 3 weeks from now counting down the days... Decided I wanted to get this programming stuff figured out before I made the trip out to Turner.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP

Guys, I made some further tweaks to my MK60 module and I LOVE it.

Lately my DSC has been really annoying because when it steps in, it really STEPS in, and STOMPS all over my fun. It just CUTS throttle and it feels like someone jabs the brakes in the middle of my fun time.

So I started comparing my MK60 settings to the M3 specs, and taking a much closer look.

That's when I looked a lot closer at the Oversteer limits and Gear Torque Control settings.

The oversteer limits (UEBERSTEUERN_MUE_0_2 and UEBERSTEUERN_MUE_1_2) settings are pretty straightforward, I just set them to match the M3 values.

Since I don't purposely understeer my car for any reason, I left the understeer settings alone, the ZHP values are fine IMO.

Next I looked closer at the Gear Torque Control values (GEARMOMENTREGLER_MAX_HA_2 and GEARMOMENTREGLER_MIN_HA_2). I created and/or set values on these so they mirrored the M3's MK60's values. I'm not exactly sure what these were going to do, but, I gave it a shot, and I think these directly influence how intrusive the DSC is when it cuts power, because it is sooooo much better.

It became clear to me (I overlooked this before) that the actual values for the "wert" parameters can, and sometimes are, different between MK60 module versions. e.g. a "wert_04" in the MK60 C6 module doesn't have the same actual value as the "wert_04" parameter in the MK60 C13 module. So in some cases I created a "wert" parameter with an M3 value and used that to get the values the same as an M3. Thanks to derbo's thread here for the detail on creating parameters and setting values:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...or-non-M-MK60s

So the net result is that my DSC module is actually very tolerable now. The oversteer limits let me get on the throttle through the turn and allow the rear to start to step out ever so slightly before the DSC gently kicks in and keeps the car on the line. I have to emphasis gently. Because I almost didn't notice it kicking in, there was no CUTTING of the throttle, just a little adjustment that kept the car powering forward, on target. Also, from a dig, the DSC is allowing slightly more wheel spin before kicking in, and it is still cutting power but not nearly has harshly as the stock settings did.

So the only settings I've changed from stock are those relating to my Wavetrac LSD and one-touch-off, and these.

Car feels so good now, do this at your own risk, but I definitely recommend it.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP

awesome update! i am looking forward to testing this when i get my LSD installed!

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by rkneeshaw View Post
    Guys, I made some further tweaks to my MK60 module and I LOVE it.

Lately my DSC has been really annoying because when it steps in, it really STEPS in, and STOMPS all over my fun. It just CUTS throttle and it feels like someone jabs the brakes in the middle of my fun time.

So I started comparing my MK60 settings to the M3 specs, and taking a much closer look.

That's when I looked a lot closer at the Oversteer limits and Gear Torque Control settings.

The oversteer limits (UEBERSTEUERN_MUE_0_2 and UEBERSTEUERN_MUE_1_2) settings are pretty straightforward, I just set them to match the M3 values.

Since I don't purposely understeer my car for any reason, I left the understeer settings alone, the ZHP values are fine IMO.

Next I looked closer at the Gear Torque Control values (GEARMOMENTREGLER_MAX_HA_2 and GEARMOMENTREGLER_MIN_HA_2). I created and/or set values on these so they mirrored the M3's MK60's values. I'm not exactly sure what these were going to do, but, I gave it a shot, and I think these directly influence how intrusive the DSC is when it cuts power, because it is sooooo much better.

It became clear to me (I overlooked this before) that the actual values for the "wert" parameters can, and sometimes are, different between MK60 module versions. e.g. a "wert_04" in the MK60 C6 module doesn't have the same actual value as the "wert_04" parameter in the MK60 C13 module. So in some cases I created a "wert" parameter with an M3 value and used that to get the values the same as an M3. Thanks to derbo's thread here for the detail on creating parameters and setting values:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...or-non-M-MK60s

So the net result is that my DSC module is actually very tolerable now. The oversteer limits let me get on the throttle through the turn and allow the rear to start to step out ever so slightly before the DSC gently kicks in and keeps the car on the line. I have to emphasis gently. Because I almost didn't notice it kicking in, there was no CUTTING of the throttle, just a little adjustment that kept the car powering forward, on target. Also, from a dig, the DSC is allowing slightly more wheel spin before kicking in, and it is still cutting power but not nearly has harshly as the stock settings did.

So the only settings I've changed from stock are those relating to my Wavetrac LSD and one-touch-off, and these.

Car feels so good now, do this at your own risk, but I definitely recommend it.
    Awesome work! I will have to read this with less alcohol in my body tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, do that, and then let me know if I didn't explain it good You'll really like these adjustments.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456