I just got done working at Your Dream Garage in Baldwin Park, CA.

I drove all the way from Newport Beach to work at this place.
He charges $25/hour, and for that you get a lift and access to all sorts of specialized equipment to work on just about any project.
The tools are super neatly laid out and super clean. The lifts are new and work very well. All the equipment you could need is there. This really is DIY at its best! No more wishing you had the right tool, no more crawling like an animal, no more compromises in your DIY work.

I will add this warning, if you mess something up catastrophically, it's on you to fix it.

That being said, in the three hours I was there I flushed the brake fluid (he had the special tools to do it), changed the engine oil and filter, changed the manual transmission fluid*, and changed the differential oil.
Having the lift and the right tools makes everything easier, I cannot emphasize that enough.
I highly recommend this place.
Here is his his shop on yelp:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/your-dream-g...p-baldwin-park
I didn't read through the reviews, but from scanning real quick I'll say they align pretty well with my experience. You might want to take the reviews with a small grain of salt, b/c he offers a 20% discount on your next visit if you leave a yelp review.

*After I drained the MT fluid, I noticed I had royal purple Gear oil but not synchromax.
I'm not sure if it made a difference, but the owner (Chance) agreed to drive me to o'reilly's and auto zone to see if I could get the right one. Unfortunately neither had the right oil so I bought some Motul oil from him (could have saved the trip).