Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I'm not sure what it does if you don't have an LSD. Did you get an LSD?!

sent from my phone
    I didn't

Has no one tried this with an open diff yet? What exactly is it altering?

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    I didn't

Has no one tried this with an open diff yet? What exactly is it altering?
    The DSC stage 1 values are modified to the DSC stage 1 values of the M3 ZCP module. DSC stage 1 on the M3 ZCP is essentially "M Track Mode" and it was designed for an LSD.

DIY: M track Mode for non-M MK60s

I feel like it drives like my old ZHP with DSC tapped once quickly. Since the non ZCP ///M has either DSC/ASC+T on or off, enabling M-Track on my car gave it similar dual stage DSC capability.

I could oversteer my ZHP just a tad with stage one and then when it was too much, DSC would intervene and bring the back in with a jerk albiet.

With M track on my ///M, DSC won't activate instantly so I can unsettle the yaw just a bit but once DSC noticed that it would cut power and reel the car back in as fast as DSC always does. Efficiently and without much drama with the same power cut and jerk as my ZHP.

If I am too sudden with M track, DSC will intervene and nanny the "would be" fun instantly making it feel like full DSC is active.

M-track will not allow you to do smoke burning drifts like Chris Harris and Jeremy Clarkson does. Nor will it allow you to smoothly recover to your intended direction unwinding full lock with tires spinning. LOL
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

DIY: M track Mode for non-M MK60s

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I'm not sure what it does if you don't have an LSD. Did you get an LSD?!

sent from my phone
    I wonder if this will work with any LSD, or do you have to have the ///M LSD?

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    I wonder if this will work with any LSD, or do you have to have the ///M LSD?
    This is purely speculation on my part:

It should work with any LSD but it is designed for the factory one. I would imagine if you wanted full potential of any LSD you would have the DSC fully off and this is more of a "relaxed baby monitor" than the conventional M one.

To be fair, I think M track mode is mainly a more lenient DSC and thats all it is. I hardly ever use to but when I ever come across a rainy day track day, I'll be sure to leave it on till I am comfortable with the conditions.

Can someone describe to me how this mod alters the function of the DSC button in our ZHPs?

For example, in stock form:
    1. DSC is on by default when I start my car. (granny mode)
    2. When I press the DSC button once, it turns off the traction control but DSC remains active and kicks in when I start to slide the car. (party pooper mode)
    3. When I press and hold the DSC button, traction control and DSC are fully disabled (fun mode)

Does the car still operate like this, except DSC is slightly more tolerant of rear wheel spin? Can I still turn off the "traction control" and keep DSC on by pressing DSC once, and fully disable the system by pressing and holding the DSC button?

In other words, does this mod change it to operate this way:
    1. DSC track mode is on by default when I start my car
    2. When I press the DSC button once, it turns off traction control but DSC track mode remains active and will kick in if I start the slide the car enough
    3. When I press and hold the DSC button, traction control and DSC are fully disabled

...?
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

Quote Originally Posted by rkneeshaw View Post
    Can someone describe to me how this mod alters the function of the DSC button in our ZHPs?

For example, in stock form:
    1. DSC is on by default when I start my car. (granny mode)
    2. When I press the DSC button once, it turns off the traction control but DSC remains active and kicks in when I start to slide the car. (party pooper mode)
    3. When I press and hold the DSC button, traction control and DSC are fully disabled (fun mode)

Does the car still operate like this, except DSC is slightly more tolerant of rear wheel spin? Can I still turn off the "traction control" by pressing DSC once, and fully disable the system by pressing and holding the DSC button?
    #2 is more forgiving just like how M Track Mode works on the ZCP. It won't make a difference during #1 or #3.

The only exceptions is the red values in the post. These will allow DSC to work in parallel with the LSD instead of acting like an electronic LSD in the non-M cars. This will make the DSC less intrusive in #1.

Ok so PRE_MSR, LOGIK_HA_SPERRE, and SPERRDIFFERENZREGELUNG effect DSC behavior in both modes 1 and 2.

And then the updated values for understeer and oversteer really are only effecting DSC behavior in mode 2.

Do I have that right?
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP

By the way, I really like the concept of this M track mode. Its how normal default mode DSC should be... Its not too intrusive but still will catch you if you get too wild.

I wish we could make M track mode the default "on" position and then have the one click DSC off that stock M3's have.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP

So now I'm curious. If TRAKTIONDIFFERENZREGELUNG set to nicht_aktiv sets DSC into dual mode DSC (rather than the 3 mode DSC where, you know, you have to hold the DSC button to fully disable DSC), then I wonder if setting PRE_MSR to aktiv at the same time will mean m-track is the default DSC mode when DSC is active...

I also wonder what the limits 1 and limits 2 refer to for the understeer and oversteer limits. In other words, does oversteer and understeer limits 1 refer to the "mode 1" DSC, and oversteer and understeer limits 2 refer to "mode 2" DSC (only used when DSC is in the 3-mode setup)? I can't imagine when the two different levels of limits would be used other than the different modes of DSC.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast