Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 41 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Wobz

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Relax.

Glad it's working for you.
    I'm perfectly relaxed. No idea why you said that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I find myself wanting to be a douche, and turn on the rear fogs regardless of fog or not.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I find myself wanting to be a douche, and turn on the rear fogs regardless of fog or not.
    Why? Looks?
    Personally I don't think it looks good. Only good for functionality IMO.

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

To blind the people behind. Not really about looks.

sent from a Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    To blind the people behind. Not really about looks.

sent from a Moto X
    Fogs don't do anything in the blinding department. If it was the reverse lights that lit up and if you had my LED white bulbs in there like I do, then you'd be in business.

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Fogs don't do anything in the blinding department. If it was the reverse lights that lit up and if you had my LED white bulbs in there like I do, then you'd be in business.

Enough to blind. I noticed with both on, it seems to blind the license plate at least . And HID reverse lights is the brightest I've seen. I have kree LED reverses already

sent from a Moto X

[insert performance increase here]
    [/performance insertion complete]

Today I disassembled my DISA unit with the intentions of rebuilding it. Upon disassembly, I did all of the tests they asked me to perform on the German Auto Solutions website (check the vacuum pot, look for cracks, check for free movement of the flap, make sure pin isn't loose). My DISA was actually in near perfect shape. I don't know if it was replaced before I got the car, but if original, it has 173k miles on it. If it was replaced, then it has at a minimum of 100k miles on it even then. Despite being in such perfect shape, I had a NASTY 4k RPM dip. It was extremely noticeable, and felt like the car was about to lose power completely at that point. Regardless of the condition of the components, I went ahead and did the rebuild anyway.

It was a little bit difficult doing the rebuild mainly because the components were in such good shape that they were still firmly planted in their respective locations. I replaced everything the kit had a replacement for. The one thing I did not do, however, was wait 12 hours for the Loctite to cure, mainly because I was half an hour away from home and don't have a second car to use, so I had no choice.

After replacement, I noticed that the car ran as though its pants were on fire. The 4k power dip is now completely gone, instead replaced by completely smooth acceleration from low to high RPM. It feels as though it has an ever-so-slightly higher amount of torque as well in any gear and any RPM. When I run the engine hard, it sounds to me as though it packs more of a punch, even if there is no noticeable power gain. All of the benefits are in the "feel" department, possibly with a tiny microscopic amount of power actually restored. This was entirely worth the money. I do feel that it also cured my jerky acceleration between 1-2k RPM as well. I used to get jerky acceleration if I started in first gear and quickly added throttle between 1-2k. Now it just seems to be nice and smooth.

I also replaced the CCV and the four associated pipes/hoses. It's amazing just how much disgusting mustard was inside of these CCV pipes. I'm so glad to have this finally done. It wasn't as much of a pain as people make it out to be, you just have to know what you're doing. I had my friend helping me, who works at a BMW dealer as a tech, so he's done hundreds of these CCV replacements and knows his way around an E46 as well as he knows how to breathe. He told me what I can take out and what doesn't have to move, and what order to do things in for disassembly as well as reassembly. Previously, I had to add a quart of oil every 1500-2000 miles. We'll see how oil consumption changes now, as well as whether my SES light comes back on again (previously kept popping codes that suggested CCV based on the codes, he says). I have cleared the light and have driven at least 30 miles at this point with no SES light on yet. We'll see...

I have a 1.2 bar coolant cap from GAS to install as well but forgot to do it today, so I'll install that tomorrow.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

I anticipate the dip coming back, not to be a downer.

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I anticipate the dip coming back, not to be a downer.

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH
    that mofo is here to stay.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    that mofo is here to stay.
    Not if I can help it...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 41 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast