Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

AFE Stage 1 intake review.

Please forgive the quality and presentation. I decided to do this last minute and rambled a bit.. And filmed it on the front facing camera of my cell so nooooot the best quality. Anyways... Here it is:

EDIT: I'm also not picking my nose in the video lol *you'll see* I was in a hurry shaving this morning and nicked myself.... and it itches.

*UPDATE 9/22/14*

AFE PRO DRY CAI Intake update :

Definitely, definitely, DEFINITELY noticeable at 3k rpm and above. The car, simply put, breathes better. I tossed my oem air box back on for a week and I didn't think I'd notice much of a difference. I even have a K&N drop in for it... There is certainly a big difference. Once again as I stated before, I am in no position to toss out HP numbers. But the butt dyno likes it lol. You can feel the car breathe better across the rev range and the associated ear candy melody coming form the engine bay is wonderful.

My particular intake has a lil whistle with it. Yeees I've checked my vacuum lines and already replaced both intake boots and have no codes associated with it or power loss. And you can hear it coming from the intake. It's a lil different from the sound of a vacuum leak. Some people hate that whistle. Me? Well I like all kinds of "good" engine noises so, I love it.

Conclusion:

If you're sitting here debating to modify your exhaust or intake.... Just do it already lol. The combined ear candy alone is worth it. And the feeling of a car breathing better at both ends vs stock is both surprising and welcome.
    Last edited by Fenrir; 09-22-2014 at 08:46 PM.

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben

Great review Fenrir! I've been looking at intakes as they come up for sale and go. Saved your video on youtube, probably come back to it a few more times lol

Maybe do a 1 month follow-up? See what subtle differences you pickup/notice, etc.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Good work Ben! Pleasure to do business with you. Above 3500rpm you can feel the car breathe a little better especially 3rd gear+.

Great review man. Thanks.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Thanks guys . Derek I did notice the pickup with third gear and I'll elaborate on that a lil more in the next video lol. Whiiiiich I'll do a month out or so with a lil more planning and better presentation lol. Sooner if I become impatient lol. I tend to do a LOT of driving on the weekends, especially in the mountains. So it shouldn't take me too long to learn the nuances . Thanks again guys.

Sent from a blue police box using a sonic screwdriver.

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
    Please forgive the quality and presentation. I decided to do this last minute and rambled a bit.. And filmed it on the front facing camera of my cell so nooooot the best quality. Anyways... Here it is:

EDIT: I'm also not picking my nose in the video lol *you'll see* I was in a hurry shaving this morning and nicked myself.... and it itches.
    Dood,

you were sooooo picking your nose.

Thanks for the nice review Fenrir.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Dood,

you were sooooo picking your nose.

Thanks for the nice review Fenrir.
    Rofl I was not :P.... I did an emergency pick just before the video ;P. Haha thanks Dane and very welcome. I'm going to head into the mountains today and play with it a little to get a better feel for it.

Sent from a blue police box using a sonic screwdriver.

-Ben

Nice review. Maybe show it installed in your car in the next video. Btw, nice pick.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    ....Btw, nice pick.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Besides the Nose pick at 1:18 you did a mighty fine job on the AFE review.

BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast