Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ZHP to M235

ZHP to M235

This is an interesting thread on 2addicts. A ZHP now-former-owner shares thoughts on getting an M235 after 10 years of ZHP ownership. He's probably a member here; I also recognized signature lines of other ZHPMafia members.

I had fun reading and thought others might too.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1027305

Very interesting discussion sprinkled with some hate.

Very interesting discussion. I enjoyed iDrive in a 135 I test drove last year, as long as the car is fun to drive! Once my ZHP hits 500,000 km I'll probably be able to afford one of these.
    Alex'16 Melbourne Red 328d Touring
    M Sport + M Performance Package

Gone, but not forgotten: '03 Imola Red 330i ZHP - 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
    Very interesting discussion. I enjoyed iDrive in a 135 I test drove last year, as long as the car is fun to drive! Once my ZHP hits 500,000 km I'll probably be able to afford one of these.
    Well then, drive faster and more so you can afford one sooner.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

It's difficult to drive a car like the M235i and ignore all it brings to the driving experience, that's for sure. I fell for the E82 pretty hard, and mine had essentially the same N55 (+ppk) as the 2. Interesting points in the thread.
    - Marc

i'd love to drive an M235i, as i find myself stopping and looking at them every time i'm at the dealer (only twice in the last 4 months ).

i'm definitely one of those "i don't like electronic crap'" guys so the ZHP is a perfect blend of easy-to-work-on, basic creature comforts kind of car. i changed out a broken window switch in 5 minutes at my lunch break today. how cool is that?

plus, two other things; it's only a 2-door (i need 4), and i can't see spending that much money on a car.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I saw my first on yesterday. Dark gray. Looked very nice.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Honestly the dimensions, the specs all look great. However I'm not 100% on loving the back end. In pictures it look great but when I saw it out in the wild, I did not immediately go OMG thats a good looking car. In anyhoo, its hilarious the way he badmouths runflats.

I think they show a lot of respect to the ZHP in that thread. I think its a testament to our cars that they can be compared to the M235i today.

Anyway, I have only driven a 228i. On the autocross track at the recent BMW driving event. It was a ton of fun. The car is great. it feels a lot like our ZHPs. and BECAUSE of that, when I was done and got back into my car to drive home, I thought about it nice and hard and decided I did not feel like I was missing anything.

My ZHP was just as if not more comfortable, just as quiet, the steering felt better, the suspension felt much more "controlled," had that delicious I6 to listen to, and I like the interior of our car better. When the time comes a M235i will be a fine replacement for our ZHPs (except no 4 door!!!!!) and we should all be thankful it exists for us to move on to. Until then, I don't think anyone should feel like we are missing something by keeping our ZHPs for another 4-5 years.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Yep, it's amazing that they're comparing a 10+ year old car to a brand spankin' new 2014. Says A LOT about our cars.

I've never driven a new 2-series and really have no desire to. It's not a bad looking car from the front. A neighbor of mine has a dark grey one and the front of the car looks really nice.

Sill, though, it's missing two doors that I don't think I can go without.

Till then, I absolutely love my ZHP whenever I get a chance to drive it. Working from home, I drive it only to run errands and look forward to it whenever errands arise!

2004 ZHP Sedan | Jet Black : Natural Brown : 6MT : OEM Navi : TRS Xenon retrofit : Khoalty Angel Eyes : Homelink retrofit : BMW Performance Intake|SSK : BC Coilovers : Z4M FCABs and RTABs : StopTech Cross-Drilled Rotors : Motorsport Hardware Stud Kit and 12mm Spacers : Kinesis K28

2004 B6 A4 Ultrasport Arctic White : Black : 1.8T : Quattro : 6MT

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast