Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: New shortened affiliate links- click away!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    VA/DC
    Posts
    14,440

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Lebanon, OH
    Posts
    37,875
    Awesome work Shawn. Thanks for your efforts.
    "Flame suit NOT REQUIRED!!!"
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Valparaiso, IN
    Posts
    3,594
    Nice!


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    16,838
    Awesome! Now, are those now part of the other locations on our site?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"


    ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, Ground Control Coilovers, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    6,846
    Do you know how this exactly works? If I just click that link and browse everywhere, it will still give you credit when I buy?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Boston Metro West (BMW)
    Posts
    1,742
    Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Do you know how this exactly works? If I just click that link and browse everywhere, it will still give you credit when I buy?
    Yes. As long as you are in that session.
    If you close and re start your shopping from regular Amazon, it won't give the site anything.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Patrick ///04 330i ZHP///BMWCCA#465139///Jim Conforti Shark Injector///H&R Touring Cup Kit///Gruppe M Intake



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Lebanon, OH
    Posts
    37,875
    You need to start filling your cart after you click the affiliate link. What I mean by this is: if you go to Amazon.com and start a cart, then think, "man...I need to use the affiliate link", you must empty that cart, close that session, then open the affiliate link for the site to get credito.

    "No flamesuit required"
    "Flame suit NOT REQUIRED!!!"
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    6,846
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    You need to start filling your cart after you click the affiliate link. What I mean by this is: if you go to Amazon.com and start a cart, then think, "man...I need to use the affiliate link", you must empty that cart, close that session, then open the affiliate link for the site to get credito.

    "No flamesuit required"
    Would it work if I closed the session and the cart is already populated?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Posts
    1,943
    From: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com...es/help/t2/a11 (subject to change)

    "In most cases, you earn advertising fees for visitors that come to an Amazon site and place any qualifying items in a customer's Shopping Cart within 24 hours of their arrival at most Amazon sites.com or 30-days for MyHabit.com. However, this 24-hour window for most Amazon sites and 30-day window for MyHabit.com will end before it expires once the customer submits his order or reenters Amazon.com through a Link that is not your Special Link. Once the window is closed, you will not earn advertising fees on any subsequent purchases. However, if the customer then returns to Amazon.com through one of your Special Links, this opens a new 24-hour window for most Amazon sites or 30-day window for MyHabit.com.
    It is of course possible that a customer may arrive at an Amazon site (including MyHabit.com) via your Special Link, add an item to his Shopping Cart, and then leave Amazon.com or MyHabit.com without placing an order. As long as the item was added to the customer's Shopping Cart during this 24-hour window for Amazon.com or 30-days for MyHabit.com, you will still earn an advertising fee if the order is placed before the Shopping Cart expires (usually after 90 days). The advertising fee will not be credited to your Associates account until the customer has purchased the item, accepted delivery, and remitted full payment to Amazon.com."
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    6,846
    Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    From: https://affiliate-program.amazon.com...es/help/t2/a11 (subject to change)

    "In most cases, you earn advertising fees for visitors that come to an Amazon site and place any qualifying items in a customer's Shopping Cart within 24 hours of their arrival at most Amazon sites.com or 30-days for MyHabit.com. However, this 24-hour window for most Amazon sites and 30-day window for MyHabit.com will end before it expires once the customer submits his order or reenters Amazon.com through a Link that is not your Special Link. Once the window is closed, you will not earn advertising fees on any subsequent purchases. However, if the customer then returns to Amazon.com through one of your Special Links, this opens a new 24-hour window for most Amazon sites or 30-day window for MyHabit.com.
    It is of course possible that a customer may arrive at an Amazon site (including MyHabit.com) via your Special Link, add an item to his Shopping Cart, and then leave Amazon.com or MyHabit.com without placing an order. As long as the item was added to the customer's Shopping Cart during this 24-hour window for Amazon.com or 30-days for MyHabit.com, you will still earn an advertising fee if the order is placed before the Shopping Cart expires (usually after 90 days). The advertising fee will not be credited to your Associates account until the customer has purchased the item, accepted delivery, and remitted full payment to Amazon.com."
    Thanks! I was kinda lazy to search earlier since I was eating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Need new sway bar end links
    By BimmerWill in forum Suspension
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 08:24 AM
  2. Steering Click leaving me nervous
    By Fried_Chicken in forum Mechanical | Troubleshooting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-08-2014, 11:27 PM
  3. Affiliate Advertising Links and Sponsors -- and the ZHPMafia.com annual meet
    By Marcus-SanDiego in forum General -- ZHP Related
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 12-19-2011, 05:12 PM
  4. Power Window Click Noise
    By quikryptonite in forum Mechanical | Troubleshooting
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-03-2011, 02:25 PM
  5. Click, click - no start.
    By zhpnsnv in forum Mechanical | Troubleshooting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 08:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •