Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I don't think the two cars even compare...
    I'd rather the Lexus.
    He wasn't making a comparison.

"No flamesuit required"
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    He wasn't making a comparison.

"No flamesuit required"
    Yeah, I know...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Yeah, I know...

"No flamesuit required"
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks for all the compliments. it is a perfect daily driver. Comfortable, nice amenities. Could use a little power boost, but that would work against the primary purpose of buying a hybrid.

I was contemplating a few options:
    BMW i3 - great lease program, but my parking garage wouldn't plug me in once in NYC - not enough range for round trip
    eGolf - same issue
    VW TDI - back of the envelope calculation lead to me to believe that premium price of car plus higher cost of diesel outweighed excess fuel economy
    Prius - just couldn't do it
    Honda Accord 4cyl and Hybrid - lease programs on non base-LX's were not attractive, hybrid lease is awful.

In the end, went with a fancier, sportier version of the Prius. Lexus was offering very heavily discounted leases - basically a $40k car with F-sport, Premium and Navi package, 12k miles per year, for $350 per month, $0 out of pocket. Coupling that with about $100 - $200 per month in gas savings, it was a pretty simple decision.

PS - I bet a fully loaded Fusion Hybrid would cost $400 - $500 per month to lease. No thanks.
    On the hunt for the cleanest lowest mileage ZHP sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    congrats on the new car Bill. Given the choice I would get the same car you did
    Me too.

BMW CCA # 510252

Quote Originally Posted by illirep View Post
    Thanks for all the compliments. it is a perfect daily driver. Comfortable, nice amenities. Could use a little power boost, but that would work against the primary purpose of buying a hybrid.

I was contemplating a few options:
    BMW i3 - great lease program, but my parking garage wouldn't plug me in once in NYC - not enough range for round trip
    eGolf - same issue
    VW TDI - back of the envelope calculation lead to me to believe that premium price of car plus higher cost of diesel outweighed excess fuel economy
    Prius - just couldn't do it
    Honda Accord 4cyl and Hybrid - lease programs on non base-LX's were not attractive, hybrid lease is awful.

In the end, went with a fancier, sportier version of the Prius. Lexus was offering very heavily discounted leases - basically a $40k car with F-sport, Premium and Navi package, 12k miles per year, for $350 per month, $0 out of pocket. Coupling that with about $100 - $200 per month in gas savings, it was a pretty simple decision.

PS - I bet a fully loaded Fusion Hybrid would cost $400 - $500 per month to lease. No thanks.
    The starting price for a Fusion Hybrid Titantium (somewhat comparable to the Lexus) is over $32k, without any extra option boxes ticked. I think you did good with the CT. Plus, it's smaller and consequently easier to park in the city.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

The starting price for a Fusion Hybrid Titantium (somewhat comparable to the Lexus) is over $32k, without any extra option boxes ticked. I think you did good with the CT. Plus, it's smaller and consequently easier to park in the city.
    It still uses your favorite engine from your favorite car

Sent from iPad Mini

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    It still uses your favorite engine from your favorite car

Sent from iPad Mini
    It uses a S55 from an F80 M3???? No way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Quote Originally Posted by illirep View Post
    wow, bill - that's impressive. smart economics. nice job!

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast