Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 21 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I've seen some older cars on BMW lots before. They just can't certify them.
    A dealership can sell whatever the heck they want. BP is right. The CPO program can only be applied to a car that still has new car warranty, 4 years / 50K and there are numerous restrictions depending on the mileage and number of oil changes. Anything that is older that 4 years is basically a used car with no warranty. BMW San Francisco has sold numerous old 70s-80s cars when I was there in 2011.

It's just that depending on the company there is a charge back for a car sitting to long. Other thing is that usually they go to the auction. Depends on the usedcar manager really.

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

New BMW airbag inflator recall

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
    I was told I had to leave the car there for the day... And I have to pay fees if I wanna get a loaner

My dealer is garbage.
    I would have to agree Alexandre that your dealer is garbage.....

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Yup, BS. Should not be fees for a loaner. Never seen a dealer do that.
    +1
    I dropped off my ///M today at the dealer for the airbag recall and got a 428xi loaner free of charge today

Edit: just picked up my ///M from the dealer. All is well in my ///M world for the time being

Shows all the part numbers used for this recall.

Best part is that it's all done under warranty

A good dealer will always give you a loaner for free....
    Last edited by cakM3; 09-30-2014 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    A good dealer will always give you a loaner for free....
    +1

Definitely would agree. Wasn't even a question at BMW of Sterling. I would report that dealer...sounds like a steaming pile of CCV puss to me.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

I just had my car in the Dealer here in Canada to have to recall done. For those who are not the "Original Owner" here is how I got the confirmation.

I was able to go into BMW.ca under the heading "My Car" typed in the Vin:#, a gray box opened up and I clicked Recall/Warranty. Confirmed my car required the recall. ( I am not the original owner )

Some of you were concerned about the dash trim getting damaged. I would say not to Worry, speak from being a Service Advisor & Customer.

If we break a part while performing a Warranty Repair. The damaged part/s would either be covered by the Manufacture or the Dealership.
    See they broke my trim while doing the recall. The BMW Service Advisor apologized for the inconvenience and advised me a "New" trim is on order for replacement. Free of Charge.
    Hope this will help those of you who are worried about Shop Damage.

Shawn, probably the same way anyone else would! Even if you've done it a million times you might still get that one sticky tab that refuses to budge and breaks off!
    - Evan - Karting Thread - YouTube -

Quote Originally Posted by E_Rak View Post
    Shawn, probably the same way anyone else would! Even if you've done it a million times you might still get that one sticky tab that refuses to budge and breaks off!
    I must figure out how to remove my dash trim and get rid of all the JB weld so it looks like they break it when I go in. LOL

Got mine replaced. Only took 45mins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP A08
    Dinan Stage 1
    ~ Garry Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I thought BMW dealers weren't allowed to have cars on the lot (for sale) older than X years? 10?
    I personally work for a dealership and have worked for a few over the years. A dealership can choose what cars it has in it's "used car lot". Now that being said, many dealers don't keep older card because they tend to have more costly issues that need to be repaired in order to resell it to a customer. I know that at my dealership when I look at a car and inspect it's condition, my job is to inform the used car department of any issues that the car has if any and give them prices on how much they will have to pay me to fix the issues before the car can be sold. When the repair cost are high, or wen the yet a car that doesn't have a decent market for a quick sale, they tend to auction it off rather than sell it on the lot.

Demographics has a lot to do with this process. If the dealership is in an area that has a good general income, dealers often opt to only sell newer cars on their lot because there's more of a market for newer cars in the given location.

I personally work for GM dealerships, however, these same techniques apply to 99% of the dealerships out there.

Page 21 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast