Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    ok, got it squared away. This was the culprit:

Crankshaft position sensor.

I'm back in business. Just in time for the car to hibernate for the winter Sometimes that's how it goes.

While I was in there, I swapped in some M3 motor mounts too.

2003 BMW 330i ZHP
    ESS Twin Screw Stage 2 - Wavetrac - Headers - Borla - BMW Performance
    Turner Motorsports - Powerflex - Hawk Performance

Build thread: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...yan-s-2003-ZHP
    Wheelwell: 2003 BMW 3 Series
    Fuelly: 2003 BMW 330i

Glad you found the issue!

I'm living my old ZHP dream through your shoes buddy!

Glad you got er fixed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by rkneeshaw View Post
    ok, got it squared away. This was the culprit:

Crankshaft position sensor.

I'm back in business. Just in time for the car to hibernate for the winter Sometimes that's how it goes.
    yeah... i just went through a similar (read: painful) job on my 335i when the resolution was entirely different... and simple.

it sucked to realize the time and cost loss, but in the end - hey, problem solved. gotta move on.

glad you got it resolved!!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Ha! just what you thought it would be! Happy that you didn't have to go any further....
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Thanks guys, feels good to get this one resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I'm living my old ZHP dream through your shoes buddy!
    Ha, she kind of looks like your old car with the arc8's doesnt she? I'm going to try the M3 front sway bar at the track in the spring, hoping to flatten her out a bit.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by rkneeshaw View Post
    Thanks guys, feels good to get this one resolved.

Ha, she kind of looks like your old car with the arc8's doesnt she? I'm going to try the M3 front sway bar at the track in the spring, hoping to flatten her out a bit.
    It does! I had a 30mm Hotchkiss on medium settings and it felt great on the mid to high speed corners. Understeer was more prominent in low speed hairpins but overall was a better stability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    It does! I had a 30mm Hotchkiss on medium settings and it felt great on the mid to high speed corners. Understeer was more prominent in low speed hairpins but overall was a better stability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Damn, 30mm seems like a lot on these cars.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Damn, 30mm seems like a lot on these cars.
    yeah but I think those are hollow bars. so it would be similar to like a 27mm solid bar or so.

Bad news. I thought the misfire was fixed, but it was not. So disappointing, and I'm really at my wits end. I really have no idea what could possibly be causing it. I've created a thread for soliciting troubleshooting advice and to discuss possible culprits: https://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1242691

Meanwhile, I came to realize its been almost 10 years since I installed my ebay headers, and over 100k miles ago. The JetHot coating looked great but was starting to flake, and I had developed a slight exhaust leak on cylinder 6 (spoiler alert: it was not the cause of my #6 cyl misfire). So I decided to "upgrade" to the bimmerbrakes gen 3's.

I cleaned up the exhaust ports and used all new hardware

This job was NOT easy. The ebay headers came out like cake, no problems at all. All the bolts were easily accessible. But the Gen 3's? Totally different story.

See the nuts in there? No not really? well there's 16 of them in there. I had to contort my fingers and hands in ways I never thought possible, and literally a micro fraction of a turn of the nuts at a time, and a lot of cuss words, and about 7 hours (start to finish), I got it done with OEM gaskets with heatshields.

Sound wise, they sound pretty much the same as the ebay headers. I'm not sure if there's a power difference until I can get this misfire issue fixed and get to the dyno, but I most certainly will.
    2003 BMW 330i ZHP

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast