Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I drove my father's Miata last winter here, it was in the 30s with the occasional dip into the 20s. It really wasn't bad, the heater blasts HOT air after just a few minutes trundling around. I will say it becomes tail happy as the summer tires become hard as a rock and lose their grip, but you just slow it down a bit and don't hoon it as much. There's some guy that famously drove it around town in the snow with the top down because the heater was good enough.

don't tempt me, william!

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Hey, for $3-5k, you can't go wrong! Speaking of which, father is actually thinking about selling his Miata within the next year...

1994. Laguna Blue. 83k miles. R-Package (LSD, aero kit, better suspension bits). 14" BBS lightweight wheels. Color-matched hardtop. I don't have any pics but it looks something like this:

Anyways, sorry to threadjack, Stephen. I want more pics of your new ride!

dang it william, PM me with pricing details...!
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    LOL.

And nice pickup SK.

Fun car! I loved zipping around in the Miata the few times I've driven them. I wouldn't want one as a DD because I'm too big and just don't feel comfortable, but I would if I was a smaller guy. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    Factory LSD.
    This is the one thing about the ZHP that really bugs the crap out of me. I realize the Miata wasn't exactly a bargain/entry-level car, but it's not that expensive either. BMW should be embarrassed that they weren't putting a LSD in a car with 230HP that was $40,000 or more and that they are STILL not putting them in non-M cars with current horsepower and price points. They absolutely should have been in a "Performance Package" car with 6-speed transmissions, lower gearing, higher redline, and stiffer suspension. Stupid, BMW. Stupid. When the car has to REDUCE THROTTLE and APPLY BRAKES to stop wheel-spin and increase traction, that's sort of the opposite of "performance". I read somewhere that LSD was like a $500 option on the 318 in the mid-90's. What did that thing have, like 150HP?

Heck, my 1983 Trans Am had a LSD. Camaros. Mustangs. A Mustang ferchrissakes! A cheap-ass pony car with a sub-200HP V8 in the 80's came standard with an LSD! Not BMW. Not unless you drop serious coin on an ///M car.

You can buy nice aftermarket and OE LSDs for all that old American iron all day long for $400-800... Basically pocket change compared to the TWO GRAND it costs to add LSD to a ZHP. It can't just be a numbers thing. It's gotta be more of a "what the market will bear" sort of thing.

I hate that it's so expensive to upgrade the ZHP that it just makes more sense to just get an M3. That's crazy!

Grrr... /rant off

SC
    2004 ZHP Vert - Titanium Silver 6MT
    BMW CCA Rocky Mountain Chapter #504522
    ZHP Replacement: 2012 E93 M3 * Daily Driver: 2007 Hummer H3 Adventure * Wife-mobile: 2016 VW Touareg Exec

Haha I hear ya. You can get an LSD as an option the new 2 series. Unsure about the 3/4 series.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Anyways, sorry to threadjack, Stephen. I want more pics of your new ride!
    Lol no worries.

It's the only photo I have of it! I'll try and get one with the top down later.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    Petaluma to Napa and back is my daily commute.

I drove from Livermore to petaluma this weekend, Saturday.
    Well if you see my TDI, Wave! I'll be in the white TDI with a monsters university alumni license plate frame hahah.

Yea my commute is Windsor to Richmond.. 57miles 1-way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    When the time comes...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast