Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Which exhaust to choose

Well guys, I am pondering the thought of buying and exhaust for my 06 ZHP
    and was kind of thinking between the Corsa Tse3 and the Borla
    now the thing is I have not herd either in person, but have read a lot of praise on both.
    I have herd them on YouTube but it is not the same as I. person.
    also should I get the back part only or do I go the full length exhaust?
    any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance guys

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Several members have the TSE3 and love it, I definitely concur. Although, my love for it has not eclipsed the excessive price for a 10+ year old design/product. Some of these members got SIGNIFICANTLY good deals on these kits so the door was opened with minimal expenditure. I do not think it is worth the cost of buying one new. Plenty of other things that improve the car for the same price, the LSD I bought for example, $1375...coilovers...etc.

The Borla is nice, but more subtle, adds some aggressiveness, but it would depend on what your goal was. I would do muffler delete for under $100 before I got the Borla as that would give you a little grunt.

The above is only my opinion based on limited seat time and financial review...I have not daily driven the systems so I can't give a full breakdown only what I have concluded in searching for one myself.

Also, the TSE4 is coming out soon and while I'm not holding my breath on it being cheaper I'd feel better about buying it as it reflects updated design elements.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

TSE3. My favorite exhaust. I do miss the quietness of my HKS though.

I have not seen any info on the Tse4 yet. is it any different than the tse3?

Thanks for the great response, I guess we all go through this phase... LoL
    but I am going to be building a house early next year. so if I am going to be doing any upgrades,
    now would be the time to do it before I start building.
    thinking of the exhaust
    then the uuc evo3 ssk Dssr kit
    shark tune
    sprint booster

Quote Originally Posted by Alikessu View Post
    I have not seen any info on the Tse4 yet. is it any different than the tse3?

I called and spoke to a uuc rep, not much that he could tell me other than early 2016 release and it will no longer be built to order so less wait and price potentially. Time will tell.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

I think it all depends on what you are looking for in an exhaust.
    I have the BMW performance exhaust and love it. It is not much louder than the stock muffler, but does add some growl to it and a bit more volume.
    Obviously any full system will give better performance gains and always sounds better imo. This will be at the expense of your quietness so to say. I like staying under the radar so I don't want anything that loud.
    I have also seen data from dynos that show a full exhaust can make your low end power worse while your upper rpm power better. I do not know if it is the case with our cars, but worth looking into.
    I think a muffler delete is a good place to start. Could be done for under $100 if you find a reasonable muffler shop. You could always delete the resonators in the future to add a bit more sound of you don't mind the raspyness.

-Holden

Tse3 is awesome but loud. If you go, go big and do cat back if you have the funds.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Tse3 is awesome but loud. If you go, go big and do cat back if you have the funds.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    It isn't that bad for noise. It's actually pretty quiet when you're putting around town, at least from the inside. It only gets loud when you push the throttle more. (And when you do a cold start )
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Which I do a lot BP. It was fine for me, but my family was not too thrilled, and I could see it over the long run being slightly a bit much in a vert.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast