Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

APEX 17" ARC-8 Wheels - Group Buy 2016 - Up to $150 off

Mods: I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or if it goes against forum rules in some way. I have no affiliation with Apex, I am just posting for awareness and to try and get as many people on board to maximize the group buy discount. If there is an issue, please let me know!

This thread is for the 2016 APEX 17" ARC-8 wheel Group Buy!

Group Buy Link: https://www.groupbuyparts.com/index....s-q1-2016.html

Group buys apparently come around only so often for these wheels, so if you've been thinking about getting a set of 17" ARC-8 wheels, now is the time! The more people that join, the greater the discount (up to $150 off and free shipping). I am signed up a set of four 17x8.5" ET40 wheels in Hyper Black. Colors are, from left to right, Hyper Silver, Hyper Black, Anthracite, Satin Black

Why did I pick these wheels? A few reasons:
    • They're much lighter than the style 135 wheels that came with our ZHPs (~28 lbs vs. ~17 lbs). That lower weight means less unsprung weight, which improves handling and comfort.
    • The looks. They look great in my opinion, OEM-esque. That, and they are an homage to an older era of motorsport racing that resonates with me.
    • The smaller diameter 17" wheel means the accompanied tires are cheaper compared to their 18" counterparts. The smaller diameter also means that most tires will have taller sidewalls which should improve ride comfort a bit (depending on tire compound and size).
    • The design allows me to upgrade to a big brake kit down the road if I should feel the need.
    • Lastly, several members here (and on other forums) have these wheels in different fitments and have liked them with very few issues to speak of.

Some more info on the ARC-8 wheel:

Quick Summary:
    The ARC-8 was designed to have the perfect balance of performance, fit, durability, and value. From the daily driver to a professional racecar, the ARC-8 delivers style along with performance and features that make it the perfect wheel, no matter how you drive your BMW.

Manufacturing:
    The ARC-8 is produced using the Flow-forming technique. Flow-forming, which has also been called 'spin forging', produces a barrel with similar strength to that of a fully forged wheel. This significantly reduces weight in the barrel, which has the greatest impact on rotational mass and performance. By combining the strength of a forged, lightweight barrel and a more robust face design, we've produced a wheel that welcomes endurance racing, hard driving, and even potholes.

Other Features:
    Designed for spacerless fitment for most applications
    • Minimizes the requirement for spacers to achieve a perfect fit
    • Maximize wheel/tire width with model-specific fitments
    • Seventeen inch sizes reduce tire cost for track day wheels

Spoke design and barrel work together to create additional brake clearance
    • Seventeens have clearance for up to 355mm BBKs in many applications

Mesh design
    • Load is more evenly distributed to reduce stress and enhance durability
    • Aesthetics aren't compromised to create strength

Lipless design
    • Maximizes strength in the most vulnerable area of the wheel
    • Greatly reduces bends and damage from small impacts

APEX ARC-8 wheels are JWL tested and VIA certified
    • Each size and fitment is tested and certified

Factory Fit
    • Designed for BMW applications, the ARC-8 accepts TPMS sensors, factory lug bolts or stud conversion kits, and OEM roundel center caps.
    • All wheels come with APEX center caps.

Open center
    • Easy lug access and reduced weight

Unpainted lug recesses
    • Prevents wheel bolts or lug nuts from loosening
    • Mounting wheels does not damage the finish

The ARC-8 is perfect for street, track, and race.

Source: http://www.apexraceparts.com/apex-pr...l.html#details

For info on how the group buy works see below or APEX's post on E46Fanatics, linked below:
    (Info below is quoted directly from the E46Fanatics post here: http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sho....php?t=1095070)

Tiers
    1-9 Members = Free Shipping
    10-19 Members = $25 Discount + Free Shipping
    20-29 Members = $50 Discount + Free Shipping
    30-39 Members = $75 Discount + Free Shipping
    40-49 Members = $100 Discount + Free Shipping
    50-59 Members = $120 Discount + Free Shipping
    60-69 Members = $130 Discount + Free Shipping
    70-79 Members = $140 Discount + Free Shipping
    80+ Members = $150 Discount + Free Shipping

What wheels are included in this Group Buy?
    17x8.5" ET40 - All Colors
    17x9.0" ET42 - All Colors
    17x9.0" ET30 - All Colors
    17x9.5" ET35 - All Colors

Sizes not available:
    17x9.0" ET42 (Subaru/FRS bolt pattern), 17x8.0" ET20, 17x8.5" ET20, 17x10" ET25, 17x10.5" ET27 (Be notified of pre-orders for these special 17" sizes)

I want to know more about APEX wheels. Where can I learn more about them?
    All APEX wheels are highly regarded and fully verified with official JWL and VIA certifications for every single size and offset. We created these wheels to inspire confidence during track days, race events, and everyday driving. Click here to learn everything about APEX wheels. The quality of information is worth your time!

What’s different about our Group Buy?
    Joining Group Buy deals via forums is traditionally a manual process. Since our deals have grown so large over time, we are working with a new tool to organize these deals in a single, well organized location. This deal is entirely managed on GroupBuyParts.com where you can pay, follow, and even discuss the deal’s status.

How do I participate?
    Visit the official Deal Dashboard on GroupBuyParts.com. From there, you can show your interest by joining our feeler list. You’ll receive an email reminder when the deal officially opens. When the deal is live and accepting payments, you can complete checkout and pay for your order from the same page. All product details, member participants, and discussions can be found on that Dashboard.

What if I have some questions?
    No problem! We're new here and so you will probably have questions... Just contact us at expert@apexraceparts.com or by direct message and we will get an answer for you about our products or how to joining the Group Buy.

Group Buy Link (with even more info on the wheels and how the group buy works):
    https://www.groupbuyparts.com/index....s-q1-2016.html

Love my 17" Arc-8s

Imola with Hyper Black

Looks good! I'm excited for mine.

Now at 47 interested people i.e. $100 off and free shipping.

I love my 17x8.5 +40 Anthracite. :D

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I love my 17x8.5 +40 Anthracite. :D
    They look good, part of what made me make the jump to 17s

Group buy now has 51 interested parties and currently a discount of $120 with free shipping!

Man I wish I didn't buy Michel PSS's in stock 18' sizes a few months ago or I would hop on these. Waiting or another 18' group buy...

04' Sapphire Black 330ci ZHP 6MT | Hyper Silver ARC-8s | Vibrant Performance Exhaust w/ Straight Pipes (both resonators removed) | 3.46 Diff | AKG Polyurethane Diff Bushings | Coby Wheel - Shift Boot - E-Brake Boot - E-Brake Handle - Alcantara Door Pads | Koni FSD's w/ Eibach Springs | CDV Delete w/ Steel Braided Clutch Line | Michelin PSS
    Luca

Quote Originally Posted by bosszhp View Post
    Man I wish I didn't buy Michel PSS's in stock 18' sizes a few months ago or I would hop on these. Waiting or another 18' group buy...
    Those can go to the stock ZHP

-Sent from Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    They look good, part of what made me make the jump to 17s

Group buy now has 51 interested parties and currently a discount of $120 with free shipping!
    17s are cheaper for tires. That's all I really cared about it.

-Sent from Mobile

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    Quote Originally Posted by bosszhp View Post
    Tires wear out... you could buy these and put tires on them when you're ready.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast