Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52

Thread: BMW Coding Downloads

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    6,846
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonZHP View Post
    I have an issue with BMW Coding Tool on vista. Something about missing a dependency
    why on earth are you still on vista? lol

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    6,846
    You probably need this file:

    MSCOMCTL.OCX

    Place in C:\Windows\System32

    open command prompt as administrator to register the OCX file.
    "regsvr32 /i MSCOMCTL.OCX"



    Link here: I uploaded this file so its safe.
    https://mega.nz/#!lgB3CDzY!7IbrLT5iW...tOoThIwp43FqFg

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Branford, CT
    Posts
    15,720
    Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    You probably need this file:

    MSCOMCTL.OCX

    Place in C:\Windows\System32

    open command prompt as administrator to register the OCX file.
    "regsvr32 /i MSCOMCTL.OCX"



    Link here: I uploaded this file so its safe.
    https://mega.nz/#!lgB3CDzY!7IbrLT5iW...tOoThIwp43FqFg
    In my experience, those instructions don't work half the time. lol
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun



    It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Picton, ON
    Posts
    6,000
    Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    why on earth are you still on vista? lol
    my thoughts exactly!
    peter

    2018 Subaru BRZ RS 6MT

    2015 VW Golf TSI Comfortline 5MT

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    Branford, CT
    Posts
    15,720
    The scary part is there are still people who use XP.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun



    It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Picton, ON
    Posts
    6,000
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    The scary part is there are still people who use XP.
    well... it's better than vista. hahahaha.

    at work we have a customer with a few XP machines still... they've got over 1200 machines so it takes a while to lifecycle them all. we've been trying to get them to replace these last XP machines for about 3 years now!
    peter

    2018 Subaru BRZ RS 6MT

    2015 VW Golf TSI Comfortline 5MT

  7. #17
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    6,148
    Almost all of the ultrasound diagnostic equipment I work on is XP. Some are still Windows 2000. The newer machines just went to Windows 7
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Picton, ON
    Posts
    6,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Almost all of the ultrasound diagnostic equipment I work on is XP. Some are still Windows 2000. The newer machines just went to Windows 7
    nice. there aren't many of us old guys around that can still work on windows 2000.
    peter

    2018 Subaru BRZ RS 6MT

    2015 VW Golf TSI Comfortline 5MT

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    6,148
    I'm still amazed on how much we still rely on the command line... I use diskpart and ipconfig all the time...
    When I was working on Windows 8-10 I used the command line and keyboard shortcuts all the time because it take too damn long to find anything
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Picton, ON
    Posts
    6,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I'm still amazed on how much we still rely on the command line... I use diskpart and ipconfig all the time...
    When I was working on Windows 8-10 I used the command line and keyboard shortcuts all the time because it take too damn long to find anything
    same here! i use it all the time. and powershell, which is like cmd on steroids...
    peter

    2018 Subaru BRZ RS 6MT

    2015 VW Golf TSI Comfortline 5MT

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Coding GM5...
    By justinwilson77 in forum BMW Coding
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-07-2016, 04:12 PM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-02-2016, 02:17 PM
  3. coding question
    By Asiah119 in forum BMW Coding
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-11-2014, 04:23 AM
  4. Replies: 73
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 07:11 AM
  5. Dealer Coding
    By DDub88 in forum General -- ZHP Related
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-24-2013, 09:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •