Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks guys!

Mineral Gray is an amazing color. Pre-LCI production numbers show it is the lower take in exterior color with Long beach being the highest.

I love my E90M but the F87M advancement in technology is insane. The car did not come with AppleCarplay from factory but since this car runs iDrive6.0, I was able to log into the Connected Store and just select it, pay for the option, and then boom its available and ready to go with Wireless Carplay! The F87 feels like an E46M3 sized car with factory heavily modified N55 motor and DCT. I really like boost and the Active Sound Design sounds pretty amazing. I can't wait to start fiddling with E-SYS and messing with the parameters to do all the fun coding we all love to do on BMWs.

We are a double-income children-less couple so it's fun! E90M3 is more "practical" but with a terrible MPG compared to the F87's ~30mpg highway.

Pricing
    A good E90M3 LCI 6MT now commands premiums between 34k-45k depending on absurdness and who is selling the rarity. With only 1055 LCI 6MT, it will be hard to find a nice one for cheap. DCT ones are not as rare but still rare compared to the E92/E93s.

2018MY LCI F87 is around $60k but all the dealerships near us are pushing $10K markup. So far production has about 4k units for Pre-LCI and I'm not sure how many they are making for LCI.

Back to E90M!

##Update
    I made a decision to buy PS4S tires 275/35/18 as Tirerack just recieved their 18" sizes. My lugnuts, spacers have arrived and I'm waiting on my BBS red center caps to arrive as well.

Please let us know what you think about the PS4S when you get them! My PSS have been driven on a poor alignment, and I have an HPDE this spring on a notoriously-rough-on-tires track. Thus, tires might be coming soon.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Please let us know what you think about the PS4S when you get them! My PSS have been driven on a poor alignment, and I have an HPDE this spring on a notoriously-rough-on-tires track. Thus, tires might be coming soon.
    I will as soon as my wallet fattens up again before a purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I will as soon as my wallet fattens up again
    I have yet to experience this phenomenon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

My wallet flattens up
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    My wallet flattens up
    hahahaha.... i like that.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I will as soon as my wallet fattens up again before a purchase.
    Derek, I say this every time I look at my ///M or Porsche...

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Derek, I say this every time I look at my ///M or Porsche...
    Tell me about it..

I'm ready to do my BBS rims soon!

Spacer Specs:
    15mm Front
    18mm Rear

Final Specs
    18x10 +25 front
    18x10 +22 Rear
    275/35/18 PS4S

On another note, I just received my BBS Caps from IND today!

Last bits to do:
    • Unplugg the TPMS module and code in FTM monitor flats indirectly.
    • Buy Tires and get them mounted
    • Install the wheel studs/spacers

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

# BBS GT4 RE Installation Day
    Today is GT4 install day! After finally caving and buying tires on Tuesday, it's time to install them!

## Goal for Today
    • Install Apex 90mm wheel studs
    • Install Apex 15/18mm Spacers
    • Install BBS GT4 REs w/ 275/35/18 Michelin PS4S
    • Remove TPMS (Tire Pressure Sensor) or referred as RDC
    • Code in FTM (Flat Tire Monitor) or referred as RPA

## Coding
    The BBS GT4s use 8mm valve-stems instead of the factory BMW 11mm valve-stems. For those who wish to retain TPMS sensors, there is an option here: https://www.tpms.com/BBS_wheel_TPMS_...4_p/bbsrdv.htm I personally didn't want to spend the extra money for this and second set of sensors. I figured the economical decision is to ditch the whole wheel sensors altogether and revert back to the Euro E9x/Pre-LCI E9x FTM system.

FTM = It uses the speed sensors in each wheel and compares rotational speeds to check if there is a differential between wheels. This will determine if there is a flat if there is a large deviation. The con is if there is a decrease in tire pressure across ALL tires due to not checking, it will not detect that. (ie. All tires drop to 29psi instead of set 33psi)

TPMS = This uses sensors in the wheels and connects to a main RDC unit in the passenger rear wheel well (at least for LCI E90 2010+). This system is more accurate but can get costly with extra sensors when multiple sets of rims or in my case, racing rims that were not designed for TPMS.

During my research, I found a thread that describing exactly what I wanted to do! http://e84.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1145078 Thanks @improvius for documenting this awesome finding!

The first step is to take off the rear right wheel and undo the inner fender liner. After that, I unplugged the RDC module which is in the lowest rearmost area of the fender liner. Next up, coding!

### NCSExpert changes
    • Remove $2VB vehicle order
    • Add $265 vehicle order
    • FA Write to the CAS module
    • Either code defaults to CAS, KOMBI, DSC, CIC or add the following code to the corresponding module:

Code:
    CIC: RPA_CIC
    aktiv
    CIC: RDC
    nicht_aktiv
    CIC: RDC_SAFETY
    nicht_aktiv
    KOMBI: RDC_ALIVE
    nicht_aktiv
    KOMBI: MMI_ENA_RPA_RDC
    aktiv
    KOMBI: RDC_VERBAUT
    nicht_aktiv
    KOMBI: DSC_MIT_RPA_CC
    aktiv
    KOMBI: RDC_DISP_SWITCH
    nicht_aktiv
    MK60_M3: RPA
    aktiv
    CIC module now shows FTM instead of TPMS!

## Installation
    A small storm as passed through San Francisco and today had a slight 50% chance of rain mid-day. Luckily the driveway wasn't too bad.

Off comes the 219M wheels! The PSS tires only have about 3k miles on them so they are looking sharp!

My cousin's 328i E90 in the background just happens to be on GT4s too

My brother's Msport 11 E90 335d, Cousin's 08 328i and my 11 E90 M3.

Installed!

After I reset and initialized the FTM, I drove around it now shows active instead of FTM malfunction!

Few more pics:

## Impressions
    Final Specs:
    • Front: 18x10+25 275/35/18 Michelin PS4S
    • Rear: 18x10+22 275/35/18 Michelin PS4S

The rear looks like it has room for a 20mm spacer instead of an 18mm. The front is perfect with the 15mm spacer. For now, I'll leave it as is. I didn't get to drive it more as I had some errands to take care of. Back into the garage, it goes!

Initial impression of the square setup is that the steering is a bit looser but I will check more the next time I drive it. I'm now itching to lower it... YIKES.

Thanks for reading!

Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast