Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Of course Kristen won't be happy until it has as much HP as the 135 and scrapes the ground... She's already got a wish list as long as my arm!
    She sounds like a keeper!
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

Yea she's got more balls than me... I've mellowed a bit in my old age.
    This is the same girl that ripped a turbo from a junkyard Volvo and mounted it in her Prelude... 325 hp to the front wheels or should say wheel lol, she tracked that car for years and she's still got it at a friend's house in Fla. We might go get it so she can use it as DD until the M2 arrives
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

This is the same girl that ripped a turbo from a junkyard Volvo and mounted it in her Prelude... 325 hp to the front wheels or should say wheel lol, she tracked that car for years and she's still got it at a friend's house in Fla. We might go get it so she can use it as DD until the M2 arrives
    That's awesome!
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I know you’re asking Rob, but insomnia + Tapatalk = I’ll chime in!

I’m not sure how much I like it. I agree the N55 is a better DD engine, and frankly I don’t know if 405hp is something I’d actually want. Ive always felt that 350 range is ideal for my skills as a driver (factoring in projected personal growth on the track), as well as just not senselessly blowing through consumables in daily driving. I like that it added the ///M wing mirrors and BMW’s finally giving it an improved interior over the normal 2er, but I don’t like the Competition’s new kidney shape nor how the grilles are connected in the center—yes I know BMW kidney grilles of early years were connected, but they already tried bringing back the roundel beside the Hofmeister kink on the new X2 and that looks terrible also, so maybe not every design needs to be brought back to life. I wish the production run were a little more limited to make it feel a little more special, but with the way BMW is slapping ///M labels on everything these days, I don’t foresee that happening.
    Heh, Insomnia... I hear ya! It's 2:45 am

Yea John, it's bittersweet the 135 had been with us a long time. Hopefully it will be as good to Rob as it was to us. Kristen replaced a lot of stuff as preventative maintenance while she had a warranty and new everyone at the BMW dealership back in NJ... all of the problem issues were addressed including new turbos, walnut blasting, injectors, water pump gaskets etc etc..

Ok enough of the nostalgia... we're getting an F'n M2!
    I just looked up the competition package- which will be the only model available once it launches... That's how it should of come out of the factory in the first place. I think BMW is realizing that the M2 is the biggest seller in the M car lineup but I'm not bummed we didn't wait for that.... there is lots you can do for mods with the M2 as it sits now... HP is no problem, the 135 is a prime example... it's last dyno was 405 at the rear wheels which puts it at around 460 hp at the crank. The stock HP was 300. I don't think having a lot of HP is a bad thing as long as it's manageable but that can be hard to do with a turbo. The 135 is scary fast because when it hits, it hits hard and if you're not ready for it, it will scare the shit out of you. On the other hand, if you drive it like a normal person, it drives just like any other car...and gets really good gas mileage. That's the beauty of boost
    Because the M2 has a standard production motor, parts should be much cheaper as well. Suspension and exhaust can all be modded if we want too but why bother? It's a brand new friggin M car! A few tweaks here and there to make it our own and I'll be happy.
    Of course Kristen won't be happy until it has as much HP as the 135 and scrapes the ground... She's already got a wish list as long as my arm!
    One thing Rob, the N55 in the F87 is pretty good from the factory. The oil system is from the S55 and with a baffled oil pan. It also has S55 pistons/bearings. With a minor tune, you can easily reach the 135i power levels easily! Thats funny cause I think the 414hp in my M3 already feels somewhat timid. It probably has to do with the way the S65 delivers the power (4K+) vs the power of the turbos mid-range N55s.

For suspension, I think we will eventually go with the M performance suspension which appears to be made by KW. Right now the car is already very stiff for street (stiffer than my E90M!). Car will be fun!! :D

My thoughts on the new M2 Comp:
    1. I like the new seats but not the color scheme. It also looks like it is optional and will still offer the std seats. Wonder how much that will cost!
    2. The grilles look odd so close.
    3. The extra 3 holes on the bottom looks like it will gather more rocks/flies that the standard F87 bumper already does. I've noticed rocks in the side slits to the coolers and just stuck there.
    4. It also looks like the bigger 400mm brakes are optionals as well.
    5. M2 Comp will most likely cost significantly more and dealerships here will charge a lot!
    6. Competition has M1/M2 modes and the various normal buttons for steering/power where the M2 doesn't have that.
    7. It looks like there will be revised cooling sytems (oil, transmission, engine) due to the new engine.
    8. The CF U-Brace better damn fit the standard F87!! :P

Agree about the CF brace lol that will be one of the first things on her list, I'm sure...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

ur wife scares me

Yea she's scared the shit outta me several times... She used to drive the X5 like it was a race car. I didn't know it could handle like that.

She was an HPDE instructor for a while and was a regular at Mid-Ohio, Nelson Ledges and few other tracks in the mid west. She's got the skills...
    H&R sport springs,

Yea she's scared the shit outta me several times... She used to drive the X5 like it was a race car. I didn't know it could handle like that.

She was an HPDE instructor for a while and was a regular at Mid-Ohio, Nelson Ledges and few other tracks in the mid west. She's got the skills...
    awesome.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

yea, she is.... Marcus described her the best at the first Mafia reunion.... "you march to your own drumbeat".
    H&R sport springs,

Ok enough of the nostalgia... we're getting an F'n M2!
    Congrats. So jealous! The competition package has some impressive numbers...400+hp should be fun.
    -Chris

Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast