Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    nike001 Guest
    I just looked at my burnt bowls yesterday will ravaging though some old items that have been replaced with mods.

I was thinking that I may end up retro-fitting FX-R's since I've been seeing their light output and nothing is ever seemingly good for me in regards to light output. I'll probably be able to sell these AL's from the M3 I got them from.

i liked the FX-Rs .... I just always felt like JB welding the things in there was so bush league. I guess if you really took your time and aimed them right that's probably the best light output solution. shrug.

You're selling AL's?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    You're selling AL's?

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Whenever I decide on FX-R's I probably will.. Whether that be later this winter or in the spring. I need to build up some funds

I just recently noticed my light output was kinda getting washed out more on the driver side. Still adequate for now, so I'm definitely looking into this for the near future for upgrades. E90 seems to be the best cheap solution with a little DIY.

I have completed my E90 reflector swap. I added some notes and pictures to Charlie's thread in the DIY section. Look for post #29 http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...r-Retrofit-DIY

Overall, I am very pleased. Let me know it you have any questions.

edlvrt, thanks for adding to my DIY thread

This is exactly what I wanted. Have something that will help everyone in the community and we all add to make this DIY better

I didn't care about the tail light recall, but I really, really care about this. BMW could easily make this right.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    I didn't care about the tail light recall, but I really, really care about this. BMW could easily make this right.
    They really should. Though I finally have my lights fixed and working as they should have all this time, I have not given up on my efforts to get this recognized by the NHTSA. I plan on mailing them my old reflectors and a letter shortly. Everyone needs to do their part and continue to call in and file complaints. Be sure spread the word and have other affected owners do the same. POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

Ed, you're right here. I will be submitting my letter shortly...

What BMW should do is replace these headlight assemblies with the AL headlight assemblies that SNA77 had mentioned as the alternative solution. This is what he did to have workable headlights over the ZKWs...seen at this link:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?5619-Another-option-for-bi-xenons-Magneti-Marelli-OEM-replacements

Steve has a lot of BMW knowledge as well

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast