Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

High Temp Brake Fluid

So I went back all 3 pages (back to mid-2011) so I wanted to inquire here.

I'm going to be performing some maintenance soon on my newly acquired ZHP. One of those will be flushing the brake fluid.

I've always used ATE SuperBlue in previous cars, regardless on the track or street.

What are the thoughts on fluid here? I've got about a half can of the ATE left so...

I've been using the ATE Super Blue since my brake upgrade a couple years ago. I love it.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

what was in the car before? Assuming it was the Blue than get some Type 200 so you can see when it's done clearing out the system

and to answer your question... even my DOT3 rated cars run DOT 4 ATE brake fluid

It's just stock fluid. And it needs a change.

I assume bleed procedure is like most cars and start from the farthest from the res and work your way towards it?

If so, I'll order another can tonight. Will a can and a half be enough for a full flush on these cars?

procedure is the same, one more can should be more than enough

Thanks for the quick and solid input guys!

When I did my car, it took like half a can, if even that.

Superblue is going to be your best bet. Anything that has a higher boiling point tends to be more hygroscopic, which isn't a good thing when you're talking about daily driver cars.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

^ agreed, mine didn't take that much either... but if he doesn't quite have enough might as well buy another can

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    what was in the car before? Assuming it was the Blue than get some Type 200 so you can see when it's done clearing out the system

and to answer your question... even my DOT3 rated cars run DOT 4 ATE brake fluid
    I agree with JP.

ATE Super Blue/Typ200 is the cheapest ones to run. They have a higher boiling point than BMW OE brake fluid. Type 200 is gold and makes it easy to know when the Super Blue is all out of the system.

How old is the open bottom of brake fluid? I use a little over 3/4th of the bottle when I do my brake flushes to make sure all the old fluid is out. Half a can is definitely enough to do the job, but its close.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast