Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 157 of 195 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1950

Thread: Derbo's ZHP

Looks awesome!

You commute from Richmond?

I live over in el sobrante, just next door!

Quote Originally Posted by Johal E32 View Post
    Looks awesome!

You commute from Richmond?

I live over in el sobrante, just next door!
    Yes! I live by the Pacific East Mall and unfortuantely the ZHP sits in my parent's garage in Sunset of SF. It makes it hard to bring out the ZHP for a spur of the moment drives.

I've been commuting happily to Sonoma County Office of Education (near Sonoma Airport) for about 2 months now. I got the TDI 6/20/15 with 504xx miles and now it has about 57xxx...lol The commute isn't too bad. To work: 1hr10min. Going home: 1hr30min-2hrs but the job is fun being a Network Administrator.

As for the TDI:
    I put 3m Crystalline 40% Tint all around since I'm going to be in the sun. for Mods, I already threw an Audi S3 shifter lever in it (cheap OE short shifter) and did some VAGCOM coding which is similar to PAsoft. I got a euro lightswitch coming and hopefully my friend upgrades his suspension soon so I can get his hand-me-down VW Drive gear (their bmwperf equiv) springs. Overall I've been happy with it and I do wish I had black headliner like the GTI/ZHP.

For the ZHP:
    The ZHP was fun last weekend when I took it out in the heat for a cruise. Man, that bucket seat makes a difference. The only issue is the seat is off-centered and I have mentioned previously in this thread to get a set of Motion Motorsports mounts to fix the issue. I haven't had a chance to deal with it yet. As far as what's new on the ZHP, my stock alcantara seat went to "Alex's Upholstery" in Walnut Creek. I gave him the rear bolster cover I bought from Dane and hopefully he can fix that badboy. He said it was going to be tight but hopefully it works. Alex is going to call me next week to give me an update.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Yes! I live by the Pacific East Mall and unfortuantely the ZHP sits in my parent's garage in Sunset of SF. It makes it hard to bring out the ZHP for a spur of the moment drives.

I've been commuting happily to Sonoma County Office of Education (near Sonoma Airport) for about 2 months now. I got the TDI 6/20/15 with 504xx miles and now it has about 57xxx...lol The commute isn't too bad. To work: 1hr10min. Going home: 1hr30min-2hrs but the job is fun being a Network Administrator.

As for the TDI:
    I put 3m Crystalline 40% Tint all around since I'm going to be in the sun. for Mods, I already threw an Audi S3 shifter lever in it (cheap OE short shifter) and did some VAGCOM coding which is similar to PAsoft. I got a euro lightswitch coming and hopefully my friend upgrades his suspension soon so I can get his hand-me-down VW Drive gear (their bmwperf equiv) springs. Overall I've been happy with it and I do wish I had black headliner like the GTI/ZHP.

For the ZHP:
    The ZHP was fun last weekend when I took it out in the heat for a cruise. Man, that bucket seat makes a difference. The only issue is the seat is off-centered and I have mentioned previously in this thread to get a set of Motion Motorsports mounts to fix the issue. I haven't had a chance to deal with it yet. As far as what's new on the ZHP, my stock alcantara seat went to "Alex's Upholstery" in Walnut Creek. I gave him the rear bolster cover I bought from Dane and hopefully he can fix that badboy. He said it was going to be tight but hopefully it works. Alex is going to call me next week to give me an update.
    Dang. And here I am complaining about my commute being 18 minutes lol.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Dang. And here I am complaining about my commute being 18 minutes lol.
    I wish my commute was 18minutes! My commute is about 57 miles one way. Luckily it is reverse traffic in the morning so I can get to work at speed (majority of the time) I do have to cross the Richmond Bridge everyday which is an ugly 2lane bridge. I spend about $95 per month on toll alone ($5.00 per day if I go Richmond Bridge, if I go visit the parents in SF, its $6.25 for Golden Gate Bridge.). Luckily diesel has been staying around $2.99-3.05/gal and I get about 42-43mpg on the car and my monthly diesel bill is roughly $250-300 depending on my misc travels.

In hindsight, I know BP would mention something here, but I'm glad I got rid of the Prius. Do I regret buying the Prius? A little but practically it made sense when I made a commute from Richmond to San Jose (51miles) for my old job. It was 1hr to get to work, 2hrs to go home: bumper to bumper traffic. The Prius shines in heavy traffic and I think that decision made sense at the time. On top of that, back in 2013, I wanted a 2012+ Golf TDI with xenons and sunroof meant that car was out of my price range at $26-28k. 3 years later my commute is definitely longer but its a lot more free on the freeway so I think the TDI was a good decision now that the prices have dipped a bit.

Planns for it have been laid out in a google drive spreadsheet.
    https://goo.gl/EprBb8

I've been busy and haven't had alot of time to visit the forums as often as I could before. I'll be popping up time to time.

Back to the ZHP:
    I've been itching to mod it but I think the car sits pretty well at this point and it just needs to be maintained and driven. The car currently has 132,888 on the odo. Flashback to 1 year ago august 2015, it had 131,055 miles. .

A few items I think will be beneficial:
    -Motion Motorsports Side Mounts
    -Schroth Quick-Fit Pro
    -Dr Vanos Anti Rattle kit (or Besian)
    -Radiator
    -ZHP LCAs
    -City Lights? idk about this one..

The car currently has 132,888 on the odo. Flashback to 1 year ago august 2015, it had 131,055 miles. .
    1833 miles in a YEAR...
    I am severely disappointed in you. Such shame. I don't know if we can remain friends.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    1833 miles in a YEAR...
    I am severely disappointed in you. Such shame. I don't know if we can remain friends.
    To be fair, the job I had between August and last June was not exactly "BMW" friendly.

To be fair, the job I had between August and last June was not exactly "BMW" friendly.
    Inexcusable!

sent from my Droid Turbo
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

As for the TDI:

For the ZHP:
    Sweet, you went to Alex's? He's a good guy, (well I have never met him, but my dad had some work done from him and I was really impressed).

And yeah I know where that is, close to best place ever. COSTCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Johal E32 View Post
    Sweet, you went to Alex's? He's a good guy, (well I have never met him, but my dad had some work done from him and I was really impressed).

And yeah I know where that is, close to best place ever. COSTCO!
    My dad did the heavy lifting and dropped off the seat and picked it back up from Alex. It cost me $245 and I have yet to see the actual repair. He said the rear bolster BARELY fit the full repair since I had a full banana side to replace. He was able to get most of it and I will check it out tomorrow when I visit my parents. I'll post pictures.

Before

After:

Impressed.

Page 157 of 195 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast