Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_B View Post
    As easy as it sounds, I may jack up the car this weekend and just remove it. If I don't like it, I lose what? 20 minutes of my time reinstalling it?

As for the CDV delete and clutch stop... I'd like to hear from those who track their cars and specifically those who heel - toe. I find myself doing this on the street, purely out of habit after years of doing so on track. Fortunately for me, the BMW facility is about 10 minutes from my house and the local CCA chapter gets to use their short course frequently so I see myself doing that for a bit before fully going out for a weekend at CMP.

I guess I can see both sides of the CDV delete here. If you force yourself to get used to it and it's the norm then no worries. For me, coming from a different manufacturer the clutch to me feels "odd" and my 1-2 shifts are no where near perfect and I've been driving a manual trans for quite some time. I'm sure it's a new car thing too there, but I'll end up doing it since it's simple enough and almost no cost to it and I'll report back after this weekend.

Dave,

When I heel toe without the CDV, I noticed I don't have to leave my foot near the engagement point as long as if it was still in. I can lift my foot off the clutch pedal a lot faster during downshifts at the track. The major difference I feel is that I used to leave my foot around the engagement point while downshifting to make sure the clutch engaged before lifting my foot off while with the CDV removed I feel like I can remove my foot faster. This could be just a preference thing coming from the old Hondas I used to drive. I love it without the CDV.

The previous owner removed the CDV from my car, so I have no basis of comparison. However, my buddy has a 320i and complained about the CDV in his car long before I bought my ZHP. After I got my ZHP, I let him drive it and he loved the clutch. Within a month or two he had taken his 320i to the independent shop and got them to remove the CDV from his car. He loves his clutch now. His problem with the CDV was in low speed maneuvering, like backing uphill into a parking spot where throttle alone is not enough to control your speed, not with normal driving.

2008 128i ZSP Sedonarot

---

2004 330i ZHP Imolarot
    Conforti Shark Injector - Installation Pending!
    AFE Magnum FORCE Stage 1 PRO 5R Intake
    ECS Tuning Strut Bar
    ECS Tuning Magnetic Drain Plug
    German Auto Solutions DISA Gold Valve
    CDV Delete
    BSW and Polk Drivers
    Ziza LED Interior Kit
    Khoalty CREE LED Reverse Lights
    BMW strut tower reinforcement plates

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Dave,

When I heel toe without the CDV, I noticed I don't have to leave my foot near the engagement point as long as if it was still in. I can lift my foot off the clutch pedal a lot faster during downshifts at the track. The major difference I feel is that I used to leave my foot around the engagement point while downshifting to make sure the clutch engaged before lifting my foot off while with the CDV removed I feel like I can remove my foot faster. This could be just a preference thing coming from the old Hondas I used to drive. I love it without the CDV.
    That right there is what I needed to know.

I moved wsmeyer's posts to a new thread here.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112