Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    By teardrop perches do you mean the reinforcement plates that sit on top of the upper control arms, or the gold collars that adjust up and down?

I think adjusting with 7" springs in the back won't be bad as long as you raise the entire rear end and disconnect the shocks. Assuming the 7" springs are same rate or higher, you will move the spring perch 1/2" lower (or more). In my case, when going from 6" 650lb springs back to 6.5" 550lb springs, I kept the adjusters at the same height because the longer springs are software, so the springs are slightly compressed at full droop--and thus hard to adjust--unless I disconnect the shocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I totally didn't see this. The problem I think is that swift only makes a 7" and a 6". I noticed my ground control perches are cupping and no longer flat. I already ordered the new tear drop perches but am waiting for new camber bolts ( and the fight to remove the one bolt) before installing the rears. From your experience john, I will have a hell of a time with a 7" spring adjusting proper height.
    Thread revival.

Where is the best place to buy Swift springs? Edit: best price and fast shipping.
    And what is the verdict on spring length for Swifts with GC?

I'm about to call GC and I'm trying to source the Swifts. Had them on my Evo in 2011 and quite honestly, they are the "Jesus setup" with Bilsteins for that car, and I would love to try them with the GC Koni coilover kit setup.

Quote Originally Posted by JB3 View Post
    Thread revival.

Where is the best place to buy Swift springs?
    And what is the verdict on spring length for Swifts with GC?

I'm about to call GC and I'm trying to source the Swifts. Had them on my Evo in 2011 and quite honestly, they are the "Jesus setup" with Bilsteins for that car, and I would love to try them with the GC Koni coilover kit setup.

I had a friend that knew someone who worked at swift so I bought them directly from them.

Front 448lbs/in
    Rear 560lbs/in

I went with 6" all around but I lost a fair share of adjustment for height in the rear. The front was fine as there is alot more adjustment. I ended up getting a 7" pair for the rear 2 years later to get my adjustment back when the springs sagged in.

GC uses a 2.5ID spring so be sure to get a 65mm ID swift spring. Swift also does not sell half inch increments. They only sell full inch heights.

Hope that helps!

sent from my phone

Thanks Derek, you already gave me the rates in metric, I am waiting to hear back from Smilez if he can get a good price on them before I call GC. Thank you for the ID info as well.

Would you say that if I wanted to only go slightly lower than stock I should go with the 7" rear spring right off the bat? I will never want to go real low (no more than 1" lower than stock, optimally), but after reading this thread, I was concerned about tension, having to loosen the rear shock, and all the other stuff you guys talked about with the 7". Is it easy to adjust with the 7" and are the coils far enough apart for bump?

Will the 6" front still go high enough to not be slammed in the front? Again, I'm seeking .75 - ~1" drop

Thanks Derek, you already gave me the rates in metric, I am waiting to hear back from Smilez if he can get a good price on them before I call GC. Thank you for the ID info as well.

Would you say that if I wanted to only go slightly lower than stock I should go with the 7" rear spring right off the bat? I will never want to go real low (no more than 1" lower than stock, optimally), but after reading this thread, I was concerned about tension, having to loosen the rear shock, and all the other stuff you guys talked about with the 7". Is it easy to adjust with the 7" and are the coils far enough apart for bump?

Will the 6" front still go high enough to not be slammed in the front? Again, I'm seeking .75 - ~1" drop
    If you look at my current car pics, you can see where my car sits. The 7" rear springs allows the perch to be somewhat in the middle setting where as the 6" spring forced my perch to the highest setting it could be. Once you set your height, you will rarely adjust it and IMO I prefer the spring to be properly seated than moving around like the 6" spring.

I don't think ground controls will allow ONLY a 1" drop. I'm not even sure what I have, nor do I care. LOL. I've been planning to raise my rear up more as the front is fairly high at this point.

Ah I see. I had to revisit your pic. That rear shot makes the front look slammed. The front shot looks reasonable.

Thanks for the info on the 7" rear being in the middle of the adjustment.

Sent from my OnePlus One.* Regularly foiled by autocorrect. But duck it.

Ah I see. I had to revisit your pic. That rear shot makes the front look slammed. The front shot looks reasonable.

Thanks for the info on the 7" rear being in the middle of the adjustment.

Sent from my OnePlus One.* Regularly foiled by autocorrect. But duck it.

Yea the front isn't slammed at all. I get poked at by my "parking lot stunner" friends lol. I actually think I should raise the car on both ends tbh. Better for track days

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456