Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Man, good luck with that plug! Its a pain, need little finger.

Unfortunately, I have 12V at pins 3 and 10. I guess I could have guessed that from the clown nose illuminating when locked.

I had 6 V between pins 1 (switch?) and 10.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Oli77 View Post
    Man, good luck with that plug! Its a pain, need little finger.

Unfortunately, I have 12V at pins 3 and 10. I guess I could have guessed that from the clown nose illuminating when locked.

I had 6 V between pins 1 (switch?) and 10.
    Sheet. My clown nose blinks as well. Maybe I don't even need to check it know and just assume its the actual mirror?

Derbo what's your opinion on this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

Quote Originally Posted by 328ioc View Post
    Maybe I don't even need to check it know and just assume its the actual mirror?
    That is my conclusion at this point. Resolution: I am used to the way it is now and since I have never experienced this function and can't be missing it that much.
    325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Pin 1 is suppose to have 12V when you are in reverse with the car on.

Problem with the pin outs is that it varies from car to car depending on SOS assist or not. It made retrofit autodim mirror more difficult.

^ that and also, you can't test the switch (blocking forward eye and shinning on back-facing eye) cause the mirror won't switch since it is disconnected (duh).

I gave it on thinking it was a bad contact.

you can always drive pin 3 with 12V and pin 10 ground to test it. The clown nose is on a separate constant power source that either uses pin 8 or pin 2 for constant 12v.

So I think I made a bone head move.

I thought my clown nose was lose the other day so I went to twist it back in to place and what do you know the mirror tilted to the night setting.

Do I not have an auto dim mirror or is this clown nose function a manual fail safe type deal?

2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete

I think from another thread, it was determined that with auto dim the clown nose will not turn.

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Thanks. I just saw that thread too.

If you can tilt with the clown nose you do not have an autodim mirror. Auto dim mirrors have a dot at the top of the mirror

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast