Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by GT172I View Post
    Porterfield R4S. Came recommended by two instructors at my last track day and I've been very happy with them since, the R4S ~ "Race for Street" which seemed appropriate for my situation and likely yours based on your OP. Make sure you bed properly to keep them quiet as mine were squeaky until I did, now silent
    The porterfield specs list them "for occasional autocross, solo and offroad use" They don't list them as a track application where prolonged heat and all that track abuse is much more severe than those other applications... any insight?

FYI Chad,
    I just completed my first track day with the stock 135i Jurid pads and they did fine. Granted, Lime Rock isn't a brake intensive track, but they were hot enough to smell them after a session and I had virtually no brake fade.

Sent from my iPhone 4S from Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Seems like we've talked about this at least 3 times on here but I'm a big fan of Performance Friction Z-Rated for street, autox, and 1 or 2 track events (per year). After a few track events, some people move up to a dedicated track pad but I've honestly never felt the need to. I consider myself an average braker, meaning there are others who brake later than I do and others who are more conservative. If you like to brake as late as possible, you might want a set of dedicated track pads.

I just changed my summer school schedule and will be very unlikely to do as much driving this summer as I had planned, so for now I will get my brakes set up and run the jurids out front, and figure out what to do with the rear... I can get performance friction for the rear, and have been thinking about it, but they don't make pads for the 135 calipers (shape 1371)... I will feel out the brake situation again once I'm settled into my school schedule, but thanks for all the suggestions. I have a pretty good idea what I'll be doing for most or all of this year, and may look at stepping things up next summer when I will be free from summer semesters.

I use Carbotech XP10 135i front track pads, Carbotech XP8 rear 330i pads. I am deciding to go a full track pad/rotor setup to minimize the brake judder that I experience on braking at freeway speeds.

The carbotechs are an amazing set of a track pads. They do squeal like crazy during street driving.LOL. One thing I never did was try the factory 135i pads on the track. Botond has me wondering if they would do well at the track now. Maybe I'll try them one session.

I never done auto-x but I would guess that you would need a brake pad that operates at low-to mid temperatures since most runs are under 1minute? Track pads usually don't fully heat up till end of 1st warmup lap and IMO be horrible auto-x pad.

PFC doesn't make 135i pads otherwise I would've tried them.

As is always with braking, the driving and braking style is important too.. I am generally a late and heavy braker, but I've never been on the track before so I'd just be making assumptions.
    First things first... I need the car back from the body shop, then it's a matter of getting the brackets fitted to the car for the calipers... And so you know, I sent the ZCP rotors back as the more I read on m3 forums, the less I was willing to go with those rotors for any track use... So I got a set of m3 centric blanks or the front to give me just a little more rotor thickness(28mm vs 25mm)

Sent from Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12