Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need help finding headers-back exhaust system with catylitic converters pre installed

Hello all, I have cat-less headers and would like to invest in a new exhaust system that already has high flow cats welded into the system, I called UUC and was quoted for $2100 for their Corsa Twin Silencer system with mid pipe replaced by section with catalytic converters. Looking to spend a little less than that, and would like to purchase and install the system before sig fest (ASAP)

Thanks for your time!
    2004 330i Jet Black zhp
    :AA stage 1 supercharger:-:BimmerBrake Headers:-:UUC lightweight flywheel/organic clutch:-: VMR v710:-:more to come
    Merhaba

Schmeidman advertises them in Roundel magazine but they are in Denmark, so the order lead time and shipping costs might be challenging unless they've set up a US distributor.

Magnaflow sells headers that have cats then they also sell a cat back. Not sure about the performance or anything though.

After doing some research I found out that the UUC exhaust would be too loud for my liking. I also found out that magnaflow has a nice exhaust system for the 330. The only problem is that I need to pass inspection, and I don't understand how I can do that without cats. I've seen some members on e46fanatics that have the system with catless headers. Is there a way to include cats on the system?

http://www.lmperformance.com/76653/97.html

Thanks for the help y'all
    2004 330i Jet Black zhp
    :AA stage 1 supercharger:-:BimmerBrake Headers:-:UUC lightweight flywheel/organic clutch:-: VMR v710:-:more to come
    Merhaba

The only legal way to pass is with the Magnaflow headers or the factory ones. You cannot move them down to the middle since the factory cats were on the exhaust manifold area. Moving them violates federal law.

When replacement of the converter is appropriate (as outlined above), the E.P.A. further requires that:

1. It be installed in the same location as the original
    2. It be the same type as the original (i.e., two-way, three-way, three-way plus air/three-way plus oxidation)
    3. It be the proper model for the vehicle application as determined and specified by the manufacturer
    4. It be properly connected to any existing air injection components on the vehicle
    5. It be installed with any other required converter for a particular application
    6. It be accompanied by a warranty information card to be completed by the installer.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    The only legal way to pass is with the Magnaflow headers or the factory ones. You cannot move them down to the middle since the factory cats were on the exhaust manifold area. Moving them violates federal law.

When replacement of the converter is appropriate (as outlined above), the E.P.A. further requires that:

1. It be installed in the same location as the original
    2. It be the same type as the original (i.e., two-way, three-way, three-way plus air/three-way plus oxidation)
    3. It be the proper model for the vehicle application as determined and specified by the manufacturer
    4. It be properly connected to any existing air injection components on the vehicle
    5. It be installed with any other required converter for a particular application
    6. It be accompanied by a warranty information card to be completed by the installer.
    I asked the manager of an inspection station here if I could put in catalytic converters somewhere other than their original location and he told me, "as long as they are in there somewhere, then you are good to go." I guess I will be going there to be my inspections lol
    2004 330i Jet Black zhp
    Merhaba

well that works out for you!

Unfortunately I can only see a few setups that will allow a header and they arent cheap unless you get them done at a mufflershop with 200 Cell cats.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-13...onverters.aspx

Hahaha I wish I had that much money XP I'm still a student lol. I will wait until Monday to call magnaflow and see if there are more options for including catylitic converters in the exhaust system, or I will find the secret that others are using to get their inspection stickers with out catylitic converters... I had a few friends that helped me with that in Texas, but I don't have any connections up here in Virginia );
    2004 330i Jet Black zhp
    Merhaba

There's a guy on E46fanatics that has a Magnaflow catback with Magnaflow cats welded in for cheap IIRC, it was a while back and you'll have to search but I think he still has them. Magnaflow also makes a cat equipped version of their front section for the 330 catback that I haven't seen anyone use- it's on Magnaflow's website. Why not get a muffler shop to weld in cats on any exhaust you choose?
    - Derek

Magnaflow also makes headers with cats in stock place for e46 m54s

Or you can tune with the catless ones and if your state only reads via obdII then you'll pass. If they use the sniffer thing you're screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk... Bitches

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast