Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shim Kits

Shim Kits

Anyone use these?

I'm going to pick up a shim kit from BW or Turner to dial out my front camber. Outside wear is terrible.

Just wondering if anyone had experience with either/or.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

No experience. Interestingly, zhp's tend to wear on the inside of tires due to their setup.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    No experience. Interestingly, zhp's tend to wear on the inside of tires due to their setup.
    That's all e46 3 series.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    That's all e46 3 series.

Sent from Williamsburg, VA USA
    +1
    My rears have about fifty percent tread left on them on outside and one on the left is getting bald on the inside cambers only about 1.5 degrees in.

When was the last time you had it aligned monk3y?
    Toe could be out of wack...

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerWill View Post
    +1
    My rears have about fifty percent tread left on them on outside and one on the left is getting bald on the inside cambers only about 1.5 degrees in.
    Yea...mine is non like that. My RS3s are chewing up on outside. Even with my sway bar

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

I ordered Turner Motorsports Shim Kit. Planning to dial out my fronts to -2.5* at 0 toe. I'll give you updates

is your outside wear due to lack of camber during cornering? Looks like the shim kit applies to E36 and Zs only not really e46s?

I have my front camber at -3 with a little toe out 1/16th for better turn in. The rear is at 2.5 with toe in. 1/16th. However I'm not really ever worried about tire wear since I have seperate set of rims for daily driving.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    is your outside wear due to lack of camber during cornering? Looks like the shim kit applies to E36 and Zs only not really e46s?

I have my front camber at -3 with a little toe out 1/16th for better turn in. The rear is at 2.5 with toe in. 1/16th. However I'm not really ever worried about tire wear since I have seperate set of rims for daily driving.
    Yea...im only around -1 stock and its terrible. The tire rolls over alot.

Do you still DD around with 1/16 toe out on the front?

Im planning on -2.0 with 1/16th toe in for braking stability

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I daily drive with toe set at -3 degrees camber ,0.02' toe out in front and -2 degrees camber, 0.08' toe in rear. Work's alignment machine is setup in degrees and minutes but I forgot what the conversion is to inches. I added a little toe out in the front for better turn in and keep the factory toe in on the rear to have better stability when on the power exiting the corner.

Driving the car daily like this isn't too bad. The car is a little twitchy on uneven roads and alot more responsive on the freeway. The tire wear on bmw factory settings is pretty aggressive. I have it setup right now to a similar number to factory but the front is set at toe out instead of factory toe in. The camber itself doesn't wear out the tires as much as aggressive toe so I'm not too worry about tire wear

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast