Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Charlie,

I was kidding about the rain sensor. I love it. Your zhp is becoming better and better :D

back on topic,

I upgraded to v57 on DIS to allow it to read E90s as well. I need to test an E90 out. I believe V57 software is 2009. The V44 is 2005 software I believe.

I mounted the v57 iso to daemon tools. I installed over the DIS v44 by going to administration > installation > v57 cd and waited forever for it to install. Once it's done you have to double check the ediagbias.ini on the VM side by going to the Calibration touch shield option. In there, you press ctrl+prnt scrn > vi ediagbias.ini and check that the remote host is 192.168.68.1 and the remote name is diaghead save the ini file and reboot. V57, You lose your coding options from V44 but I'm just looking to get DIS for diagnostics. I think I'll fiddle with SSS Progman next.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Charlie,

I was kidding about the rain sensor. I love it. Your zhp is becoming better and better :D

back on topic,

I upgraded to v57 on DIS to allow it to read E90s as well. I need to test an E90 out. I believe V57 software is 2009. The V44 is 2005 software I believe.

I mounted the v57 iso to daemon tools. I installed over the DIS v44 by going to administration > installation > v57 cd and waited forever for it to install. Once it's done you have to double check the ediagbias.ini on the VM side by going to the Calibration touch shield option. In there, you press ctrl+prnt scrn > vi ediagbias.ini and check that the remote host is 192.168.68.1 and the remote name is diaghead save the ini file and reboot. V57, You lose your coding options from V44 but I'm just looking to get DIS for diagnostics. I think I'll fiddle with SSS Progman next.
    It's from reading things like that that I haven't even attempted to install those programs yet. That's so far over my head that I'm afraid I'd just end up frustrated even trying. I bought the 2 cd set off Ebay a while back that supposedly has some instructions included and with the instructions here someday I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Hopefully it's a little easier than it sounds.

Yup, like Charlie said, adaptive headlights was a coupe only thing. It's a cool feature to have, especially if someone lived in the mountains/twisties. At $785 a piece though, not so cool if a person got in a minor front end collision or even just took a rock into one of them. Plus the fact that you can't replace the lenses sucks. Mine are still in pretty good condition though so I just bought a 3M light restoration kit and some LaminX protectors for them. Not gonna use the most aggressive steps on them though when I do polish them.

Not gonna happen until it cools off a bit though, these 90s every day are getting old. I stopped at a marine dealer an hour ago to see if they rented watercraft.....no such luck. :-)

Barry

Barry, its not too bad as long as you know a little about networking. The biggest thing you need is patience. I took almost 1hr a day after work to fiddle with it for a total of 2 weeks. Most of the instructions are in the main pdf in the first post. There is a few missing items in the pdf but the information is out there on the internet at bimmerforums or bmwecu. Getting the GT1 to recognize the usb cord as a diaghead isn't too difficult as long as the ini file is setup and the host files in GT1 are setup to the same port and ip.

I was in the same boat as you where the amount of setup to get it running seemed overwhelming. I just dove right in and now I got a working V57 DIS. I don't think I will want progman running since I feel like it is outdated and the firmware on modules that are brand new are probably higher than the software we are downloading and using.

I know a few technicians that programmed e36 with progman to add a new module and it would crash. They had to use the new ISSS ISID to get it to work properly due to the firmware being newer than the progman software. This is even though its an E36. Strange right!?

Derek,

I installed a used LCM with s/w vers 4.0 in my ZHP this morning and recoded my VIN and odometer readings successfully into the "new" LCM. Tamper dot gone and then BP was able to code in all the desired features including one touch-triple blink. Everything now works and BP will be adding this procedure including pics later on. I wanted to do a quick post to tell everyone that it is possible to recode the LCM as terra has stated. All I had to do is figure out the right algorithm to use to recode my LCM and with PA Soft and BMW scanner, everything was easy to do

It's nice to have both bimmers with one touch-triple blink...

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Derek,

I installed a used LCM with s/w vers 4.0 in my ZHP this morning and recoded my VIN and odometer readings successfully into the "new" LCM. Tamper dot gone and then BP was able to code in all the desired features including one touch-triple blink. Everything now works and BP will be adding this procedure including pics later on. I wanted to do a quick post to tell everyone that it is possible to recode the LCM as terra has stated. All I had to do is figure out the right algorithm to use to recode my LCM and with PA Soft and BMW scanner, everything was easy to do

It's nice to have both bimmers with one touch-triple blink...
    Thanks for the update. Looks like all I need a the software pasoft!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Derek,

You have to have the BMW Scanner vers 1.4.0 Programmer which is used with PA Soft's software. I used this scanner and was able to recode my used LCM with my VIN and odometer readings resulting in no tamper dot and full functionality. Then BP used NCSExpert for the rest. Watching him do this... it seemed very easy to do. Even BP mentioned that doing this the second time around was much easier for some reason.... I was happy to see the final results....both my ///M and ZHP having an LCM that supports the one touch-triple blink feature. All in all a great day.

Let me know if you have any other questions Derek

~Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Barry, its not too bad as long as you know a little about networking. The biggest thing you need is patience. I took almost 1hr a day after work to fiddle with it for a total of 2 weeks. Most of the instructions are in the main pdf in the first post. There is a few missing items in the pdf but the information is out there on the internet at bimmerforums or bmwecu. Getting the GT1 to recognize the usb cord as a diaghead isn't too difficult as long as the ini file is setup and the host files in GT1 are setup to the same port and ip.

I was in the same boat as you where the amount of setup to get it running seemed overwhelming. I just dove right in and now I got a working V57 DIS. I don't think I will want progman running since I feel like it is outdated and the firmware on modules that are brand new are probably higher than the software we are downloading and using.

I know a few technicians that programmed e36 with progman to add a new module and it would crash. They had to use the new ISSS ISID to get it to work properly due to the firmware being newer than the progman software. This is even though its an E36. Strange right!?
    Thanks for the info Derek! Of course, I know absolutely nothing about networking. :-)

One of these days I will just go for it and see how far I get before I'm totally confused. I tried to follow these instructions when they were first posted here and got a few steps in and had an issue where I wasn't getting the same responses from my laptop that he was showing in his screenshots. I gave up for the day and never did try again. I do have PASoft now so I can do a few basic things but I'd like to do some things that require NCSExpert like halogens and fogs with high beam Xenons.

Barry,

If you get stuck, we can also try and help get you through the rut!

Getting NCSexpert to run is the first step and that's the easy part! GT1 takes a little more time to get it right.

.... and that's why we have threads like this on forums

Derek, awesome job getting through this! I may be asking you questions sometime when I have time to do this. Right now I have PA Soft up and running and am having fun using my BMW scanner

Just got done recoding my LSZ and ULF using PA Soft/BMW scanner over the weekend

TT + iPhone4

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast