Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by das boots View Post
    Thanks. I really couldn't tell on your photo on page 1.
    Exactly.....you can't tell, and it works perfectly.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Exactly.....you can't tell, and it works perfectly.
    Were you able to take photo of the invisble velcro? Would that be a propriety intrusion? LOL. BTW...I do still carry my security clearance.

Now that I had the Halo's for a while.....I began to wonder why they did not manufacture a smaller diameter halo for the Bi-Xenons similar to the E90s.....That would be a looker.....
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

I have the EAS Auroras and as far as color and quality go, they are superb. The major issue, however, is fitment. Once you clip the angel eyes in place, the black plastic trim that surrounds the interior of the headlights WILL NOT FIT.

The angel eyes will block the top portion of the black trim from sliding back in. I've had my AEs installed for about 1.5 years now and I've been driving without the black trim. I don't know how that affects light output but I haven't had any issues. Still, I'd much prefer to have everything reassembled together.

It really bothers me that after so many years, these aftermarket AE manufacturers still can't produce AEs that fit perfectly. There is always something wrong.

Further, if anyone is in the Dallas area and wants to help me install my AEs fully, please PM me. I don't have mine wired to the glove light, so the lights don't come on/off as I unlock/lock the car. Instead, they come on when the car is on.

I will pay you to help me install my lights completely and fully!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post
    I have the EAS Auroras and as far as color and quality go, they are superb. The major issue, however, is fitment. Once you clip the angel eyes in place, the black plastic trim that surrounds the interior of the headlights WILL NOT FIT.

The angel eyes will block the top portion of the black trim from sliding back in. I've had my AEs installed for about 1.5 years now and I've been driving without the black trim. I don't know how that affects light output but I haven't had any issues. Still, I'd much prefer to have everything reassembled together.

It really bothers me that after so many years, these aftermarket AE manufacturers still can't produce AEs that fit perfectly. There is always something wrong.

Further, if anyone is in the Dallas area and wants to help me install my AEs fully, please PM me. I don't have mine wired to the glove light, so the lights don't come on/off as I unlock/lock the car. Instead, they come on when the car is on.

I will pay you to help me install my lights completely and fully!
    I have the umnitza v2's and didn't have any issue clipping mine in and reinstalling the shroud afterward. Im not sure how the auroras are set up but mine fit just fine. As far as wiring in the remote on function there is a a rubber plug for the firewall in the "drug bin" on the passenger side. Just pull that out and move the insulation to the sideband thread your wire through. Once that's done go around to the passenger side and undo the couple screws that hold the plastic section that the footwell light is molded into reach up with your hand til you find the wire and then tap into the hot wire for the footwell (can't remember what color). You shouldn't have to go in through the glove compartment. It takes some time and the area is a little tight but its fairly easy to do. Ill see if I can find the diy from umnitzas website its more specific on instructions.

Here's a link that shows exactly what you need to do.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI95QUH_mP0

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

'01 330i

Thanks for the link and all. My issue is I can't get the wire to snake through to the passenger side of the car.

I spent an hour or so trying to get everything installed correctly last year but couldn't manage it, so I've been driving my car with a half-baked installation for over the year. I've been lazy and would like to pay someone to do a clean install for me (with the black plastic trim too). I've heard some people say they had to dremel their shroud to get it to fit with the Auroras. That's pretty shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post
    Thanks for the link and all. My issue is I can't get the wire to snake through to the passenger side of the car.

I spent an hour or so trying to get everything installed correctly last year but couldn't manage it, so I've been driving my car with a half-baked installation for over the year. I've been lazy and would like to pay someone to do a clean install for me (with the black plastic trim too). I've heard some people say they had to dremel their shroud to get it to fit with the Auroras. That's pretty shitty.
    If you were closer I would be happy to help. I didn't have any issue with making my orion v2's fit. Perhaps you could find someone local with experience with the auroras or order a set of the orions.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

'01 330i

I installed the Orion V2 opaque from Umnitza and I am having fitment issues on the drivers side. The ring that goes one the xenon side keeps getting hit by the black shroud. I messed with it for about an hour or more and still had issues.

They look great but this is just the icing on the cake after all the issues I had with Umnitza. Let's just say I would rather buy from ebay than purchasing from them again. Horrible cust service!!!

I hope you have read previous post of the purchases from Bimmian.com for their Weisslichts.......
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Are there any other sources for 4300k AE besides Umnitzas? I'm looking for a more halogen AE..and I'm planning to run the trigger wire to parking lights switched 12V (most likely near the LCM)

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Are there any other sources for 4300k AE besides Umnitzas? I'm looking for a more halogen AE..and I'm planning to run the trigger wire to parking lights switched 12V (most likely near the LCM)
    Weisslicht also sells ambers ones (albeit they only list them for halogen lights - doesn't hurt to ask CS, since you have xenons):

http://www.bimmian.com/PHO/46

Interesting, they now have 131 LED angel eyes... Anyone gotten these yet and how do they compare to the 66 LEDs? Frosted seems the way to go and doesn't have a price increase from clear. If I do get angel eyes I wouldn't want them to be blinding - really curious about these Weisslicht's.
    Fuelly

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast