Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    If you don't want them to be blinding, install a rheostat inline and you can vary the voltage going to the angel eyes.

Thanks, I'll ask bimmian if they have xenon ambers.

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianZHP View Post
    Weisslicht also sells ambers ones (albeit they only list them for halogen lights - doesn't hurt to ask CS, since you have xenons):

http://www.bimmian.com/PHO/46

Interesting, they now have 131 LED angel eyes... Anyone gotten these yet and how do they compare to the 66 LEDs? Frosted seems the way to go and doesn't have a price increase from clear. If I do get angel eyes I wouldn't want them to be blinding - really curious about these Weisslicht's.
    Well, it looks like now, Bimmian have a new product since the time I purchased from them last year. The Xenons and Halogens have different size and amount of LEDs. That was what I was asking for last year on why they are of same size rings. Wonder if they would just sell replacement rings?
    Lawrence
    "But Mama....That's where the fun is!"
    BMW CCA #192742
    San Diego & Sin City Chapter
    NRA Lifetime Member

STABLE
    '90 M3 AWII - Garage Queen (The Crown Jewel)
    '20 X5 M Sport Tourquis Blue - #3 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Sapphire Black - #1 Son Ride
    '23 X5 M Sport Mineral White - Daughter & Grand Kids Ride
    '24 X4 M40i Brooklyn Grey - SO's New Ride
    '05 330i ZHP Mystic Blue Metallic 6 spd - My Ride
    '03 Nissan Frontier XE Crew Cab - Hauler & Down Range vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianZHP View Post
    [ . . . ]

Interesting, they now have 131 LED angel eyes... Anyone gotten these yet and how do they compare to the 66 LEDs? Frosted seems the way to go and doesn't have a price increase from clear. If I do get angel eyes I wouldn't want them to be blinding - really curious about these Weisslicht's.
    My thoughts, exactly. I just ordered a set of frosted 66-LED because 1) $$$, & 2) 131 LEDs would probably be unnecessarily bright.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    If you don't want them to be blinding, install a rheostat inline and you can vary the voltage going to the angel eyes.
    Interesting; I may have to explore this . . .

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

Quote Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
    Interesting; I may have to explore this . . .

Get a 25Ohm 3watt Rheostat from radio shack and install between the power and relay.

If I find a good halogen colored AE, I plan to install it with AE and a Rheostat. I will most likely use the trigger wire with the LCM so its not always on when the engine is running.

So, I have Halogen lights in my car. Can I do Angel Eyes? Or do they make sets specifically for Halogen vs. Xenon?

To further complicate, I want HID's and refuse to just put bulbs in and go. Retro fit is likely, or purchasing some used Xenon headlights may be the trick. But if I can retrofit HID's with projectors and do AE's with Halogen then I may opt for that.

Sorry for the stupid Newb question.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_B View Post
    So, I have Halogen lights in my car. Can I do Angel Eyes? Or do they make sets specifically for Halogen vs. Xenon?

To further complicate, I want HID's and refuse to just put bulbs in and go. Retro fit is likely, or purchasing some used Xenon headlights may be the trick. But if I can retrofit HID's with projectors and do AE's with Halogen then I may opt for that.

Sorry for the stupid Newb question.
    If you have halogens or HID's doesn't matter regarding A/E's.

As far as HID conversion goes, someone else will have to chime in. I'm sure it can be done, but $$$.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If you have halogens or HID's doesn't matter regarding A/E's.

As far as HID conversion goes, someone else will have to chime in. I'm sure it can be done, but $$$.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Dane,

I believe most AE have the same size for halogen and xenons. Weisslicht has in their description that they have a different size ring for xenon projectors for a more exact fit.

Dave,

I'm glad you are going the right way to retrofit and not settling with plug n play hids! :D This is a big topic, and I'm sure you should search around about retrofit projectors in or make a new thread.

I did some more reading after posting. It appears they are DIFFERENT sizes for Halogen AE rings and Xenon AE's.

That being said, I really want HID's anyway. I'm going to price out the difference for P46's, Retro-fit, and so on. I'm a believer of if it's not a great deal more, then just do it right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
    My thoughts, exactly. I just ordered a set of frosted 66-LED because 1) $$$, & 2) 131 LEDs would probably be unnecessarily bright.
    If you can take pics or do a short review, I would love to see it. This is my next thing on my mod list after silver cube trim...
    Fuelly

Does anyone know why the Khoalty AEs show a +$200 increase for 2004 and up coupes? $330 is a bit crazy. I emailed them but no response.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast