Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    I think you are still going to get gunk regardless of what you do with the ccv if your commute is that short.

Sent from my kick-A Galaxy S3
    +1

Make the commute a tad bit longer.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Doh. Anyone want an oem cold climate ccv kit...?

I'll try going to the far train station maybe. I've been letting it warm up for 15mins or so before i leave, and the gunk seems to be receding slightly (just checked before i left)

One more question... Should I be concerned about freezing gunk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    I'm pretty sure your car would be much happier if it didn't have to recirculate those gasses back through the intake
    There's a reason you'll never see any sort of crankcase recirculation system on a race car, unless of course it's required by the regs.
    Which reminds me...someone please do this and report back:

See HERE for a detailed solution involving an oil separator from the BMW S62 motor, as also race-proven under the E46 hood in Euro and World Touring Car Championships.

From what I heard this is correct... the cold weather CCV just prevents stuff from freezing inside the CCV or related hoses. Maybe mayo is more susceptible to freezing because it has water in it.

Where I live we have been getting frequent morning frost and my 37F alarm keeps dinging, but we don't get actual deep freezes. I plan to put in the cold weather CCV kit eventually, but first the car needs an oil change and maybe tie rods.
    Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    I think you are still going to get gunk regardless of what you do with the ccv if your commute is that short.
    Sent from my kick-A Galaxy S3

Hmm. Maybe I'll just keep the kit and do it this summer. I guess it wouldn't hurt.

That BMW Motorsport solution looks awesome... seems like a really straight-forward retrofit. I wonder why it isn't stock?

I remember there are two versions of the ccv. There is a warm weather version and a cold weather version. I think the major differences are insulated lines on the weather ones. I don't remember off the top of my head. I'll have to dig it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by aurelius View Post
    Which reminds me...someone please do this and report back:

See HERE for a detailed solution involving an oil separator from the BMW S62 motor, as also race-proven under the E46 hood in Euro and World Touring Car Championships.
    That thing is bad ass!

You can tell by the shape of it though that it's a cyclone filter: http://tinyurl.com/bgbz2yg

They have a very high efficiency once the velocity of the air is high enough but below that point they don't do anything. For a high HP race car that is operating mostly at high RPM this might be the perfect setup but on a street car that operates predominantly at lower RPM's, not so much.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

I don't know anything other than their website shows it as in development, but the folks at German Auto Solutions (who make the DISA rebuild kit) have CCV setup in the works......

http://germanautosolutions.com/bmw_s...ct_m54_ccv.php

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I remember there are two versions of the ccv. There is a warm weather version and a cold weather version. I think the major differences are insulated lines on the weather ones. I don't remember off the top of my head. I'll have to dig it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, the cold weather version is wrapped in insulation and is supposed to prevent the condensation that results in mayo-ing. People are pretty split on whether or not it actually does anything. I think most people agree, though, that the new cold-weather version of the dipstick tube definitely is an improvement. BMW doesn't even make the old version any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by ryankokesh View Post
    Yeah, the cold weather version is wrapped in insulation and is supposed to prevent the condensation that results in mayo-ing. People are pretty split on whether or not it actually does anything. I think most people agree, though, that the new cold-weather version of the dipstick tube definitely is an improvement. BMW doesn't even make the old version any longer.
    I thought we decided ccvv doesn't cause the mayo-ing?

Williamsburg, VA > Droid DNA > Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast