Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CarbonZHP View Post
    "Low cost"
    It is priced below the TS1/2 systems that they. By how much? I don't know.......actually I have a really really good idea of the price because we talked about it yesterday, but I won't voice that here (yet). It is not a lowball cost by any stretch but it is a lot lower than their higher end system available right now and listed on their site.

I really have no idea what I am doing

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrogs_M3 View Post
    Oh i completely agree with you on that one. I even mentioned that to them yesterday. However, due to the fact that a) The manufacturer for the twin screw setup went out of business and ess picked up ALL their stock, so they only have less than 200 units available and then....thats it, twin screws are no more. And b) most lower end systems are using the vortech superchargers now for "cost to dollar bang" (lower end doesn't mean weaker or bad in this case, it is more of a cost per HP type of statement)

ESS can do some phenomenal things with tuning and I think they will be able to pull of some pretty impressive numbers when they are done with this kit. I personally am looking more for the torque numbers than anything else.
    Very interesting, I did not know that. I think 200 is A LOT though for a nearly 10 year old model. Hopefully they got a smoking deal on them and will blow them out at some point. The number of people buying twin screw superchargers that cost roughly 80% of the Blue Book value of the car has got to be pretty tiny.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Very nice. Can't wait for some more info..

'01 330i

if i had to guess, they will probably be prices around $3500 +/-

Quote Originally Posted by Smilez View Post
    if i had to guess, they will probably be prices around $3500 +/-
    Wouldn't that be awesome!

I hope this kit has a self-contained oil system + oil cooler as well as an intercooler option

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I hope this kit has a self-contained oil system + oil cooler as well as an intercooler option
    Self-contained oil system? Check
    Oil cooler? uncheck (no)
    Intercooler? uncheck (no)

System contains a line that is the drain hose for the oil changing. It is hard to tell on that middle picture but the bubble wrapped thing on the main unit is the oil drain line. You will want/need to change the supercharger oil on each and every time you do a standard oil change on your car, however for better life of the unit, you will want to change it every 5-8K miles. The unit contains the drain line, a dipstick and an oil fill plug.

Just heard they will be performing a pre-dyno run on their in-house DynoJet. Honestly, i'm really looking forward to just getting those numbers to see what my car is(or rather "was") running at.

They should also test one on a 06 Convertible.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrogs_M3 View Post
    Self-contained oil system? Check
    Oil cooler? uncheck (no)
    Intercooler? uncheck (no)

System contains a line that is the drain hose for the oil changing. It is hard to tell on that middle picture but the bubble wrapped thing on the main unit is the oil drain line. You will want/need to change the supercharger oil on each and every time you do a standard oil change on your car, however for better life of the unit, you will want to change it every 5-8K miles. The unit contains the drain line, a dipstick and an oil fill plug.
    I hope there will be an upgrade package to install an oil cooler and intercooler. I would like that :D

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast