Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    Jon swapped his wheels front to back to see how the front would feel. Don't remember if he said how it felt or maybe he didn't get a chance to tell before oops.
    Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I have 235 square now. Thinking of moving up to 245 square with this next set. The only issue in doing this is sidewall Imho.

Sent from the HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA and USA
    Curious that if 255 fits, what do you mean by sidewall being a possible issue with 245s d-dub? (Especially since you have 8's all the way around, right?) Also, curious why you might go up to 245 next?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I have 235 square now. Thinking of moving up to 245 square with this next set. The only issue in doing this is sidewall Imho.

Sent from the HTC DNA, Williamsburg, VA and USA
    I'm on 245/35 and I think the sidewall is perfect. Dhuuuu eeeeeeet.....
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Curious that if 255 fits, what do you mean by sidewall being a possible issue with 245s d-dub? (Especially since you have 8's all the way around, right?) Also, curious why you might go up to 245 next?
    Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
    I'm on 245/35 and I think the sidewall is perfect. Dhuuuu eeeeeeet.....
    I guess it isn't too huge of a deal.

What I meant was if I go 245/35 from what I'm on now (235/40 - 94mm) I would lose about 8.25 mm of meat and on the roads around here, I don't want to do that.

My suspension gets beat enough.

Most likely I will go to a 245/40/18 Michelin PSS on this next set. That gives me 4mm more (@ 98mm) than what I have now and about 8.75 mm more than the oem setup (255/35).

I don't think I will visibly see a difference with 4mm more. I'm not tracking the car, and sidewall really isn't a concern for me.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

It seems to me that 235/40-18 square is a really close match/compromise between the front and rear, plus it's about $200 cheaper than 245s, plus no fears of heavy steering. Looks like that's what I'm going to go with, and make 'em Supersports.

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    It seems to me that 235/40-18 square is a really close match/compromise between the front and rear, plus it's about $200 cheaper than 245s, plus no fears of heavy steering. Looks like that's what I'm going to go with, and make 'em Supersports.
    Hoenstly, you will notice the heavy steering for 1-2days. Afterwards, you just become numb to it. It's like drugs. gotta increase the feeeel.

Man, I wasn't tempted by the all-square setup until this thread got me thinking about the heavier steering feel up front. I WANT that. The scariest thing to me about this car is how easily she seems to be willing to yank around at high speeds.

Zebra Horse Power - PSA: The Hypermiling Thread
    Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Hoenstly, you will notice the heavy steering for 1-2days. Afterwards, you just become numb to it. It's like drugs. gotta increase the feeeel.
    lol, good to know.

Yea I prefer heavy steering. Had I a ZHP, I would consider 4 rears, fo sheezey. Also, if any of you are considering swapping your fronts to the rears and vice versa for testing purposes, please realize the compromising position this puts your car in handling-wise. Please do not push your car with 225s out back and 255s in the front unless you are an experienced drifter.

On my way down to DC last friday I was cruising on the TP with an E46 M3. He had the M68s on for winter wheels, but he had the fronts and rears swapped incorrectly. It looked ridiculous, and I can't imagine how terribly it handles in the snow.
    - Marc

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    I have many years of experience running 8.5/255 square on the ZHP. It helps balance out the understeer and allows front-rear rotation. I found no drawbacks other than some minor tramlining once the tires are well worn. I tried it about 8 years back after successfully running 9.5/275 all around on M5. Mike Miller later claimed that it wouldn't fit which I had to chuckle about since I'd been running it with zero issues a good while by then. My daughter bought the car from me a while back, and she installed GC coilovers and has no clearance issues with the rears up front at the desired ride height.
    Current stable:
    2011 M3 sedan 6MT (no sunroof! most all other options) Silverstone II
    2001 M5 LeMans Blue
    2006 330i E90 ZSP 6MT Electric Red
    2007 328i E91 Silver
    1996 Volvo 850R wagon

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast