Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    75mm you can go max 12mm spacers. I'd go 90mm.

I personally love Vorshlag's Studs. American made, race proven. I run them

http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info...roducts_id=120

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

I have BimmerWorld 75mm studs and while they can support 12mm spacers, it would be a hassle to start the lug nuts with a 12mm spacer. It's fine with a 5mm spacer. (Depends somewhat on rim design.) Next Christmas I'm hoping BimmerWorld once again includes wheel stud packages in their 12-days of Christmas sale. I plan to get the next longer studs, which are 80 or 84mm.

Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    I have BimmerWorld 75mm studs and while they can support 12mm spacers, it would be a hassle to start the lug nuts with a 12mm spacer. It's fine with a 5mm spacer. (Depends somewhat on rim design.) Next Christmas I'm hoping BimmerWorld once again includes wheel stud packages in their 12-days of Christmas sale. I plan to get the next longer studs, which are 80 or 84mm.
    Get a cordless impact.

Take a lug, zip it on until it clicks once (where it is about to torque them) and it will center the wheel. You do that with 4 others and the wheel is done.

With an impact throwing studs and wheels on a car is a worlds difference.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

studs make life (putting wheels on) so much easier

I did the truck this past week

- Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

Turnermotorsports replied to me that their 12.5mm Spacers will fit on 75mm studs. I have the turner motorsports 12.5mm spacers and 82mm bimmerworld studs.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Turnermotorsports replied to me that their 12.5mm Spacers will fit on 75mm studs. I have the turner motorsports 12.5mm spacers and 82mm bimmerworld studs.
    I didn't see an 82mm kit? You bought them individually?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by midlandtech View Post
    ok. charlie do you need spacers to clear everything given your current (new) drop? I plan on going about that low. just enough to get rid of all the wheel gap perhaps a slight tuck but only slight.
    Steve, I only need spacers to clear the front calipers. They are that massive. Problem is that with spacers (10mm) front, the rears just don't look right so I added 12mm spacers there. Right now I'm thinking of going with 10mm spacers for my rears but for now will continue to run with the 12's.

I do have a cordless impact wrench but I start each lug nut by hand to make sure they don't cross thread. Maybe I'm being too cautious. The D-force LTW5 rim has a spoke design that covers more of the stud than the stock 135s. With no spacer it's easy to get the nuts started by hand. With a 5mm spacer I have to think about it a little if the wheels isn't fully seated on the hub lip. With a 12mm spacer on 75mm studs, there will be enough thread to fully engage the lug nuts, but I think one would need to hold the rim tight against the hub and carefully start each nut with fingertips. Or, use the impact wrench.

If you don't plan to change wheels more than 2x per year, 75mm might be the right length for 10/12mm spacers and looks, so you don't have much of the stud sticking out beyond the holes on the wheel. If you change your wheels every 3 weeks, you want the studs sticking out beyond the wheel. Edit: Well *I* want the studs sticking out beyond the wheel... you might not!
    Last edited by LivesNearCostco; 04-11-2013 at 07:41 AM.

So im doing the math:

TMS spacers (12.5mm,15mm) + longer bolts package = $240
    TMS spacers (12.5mm,15mm) + vorshlag studs and lug nuts = $343

$103 difference, not a lot really, but i dont see myself taking the wheels off (and back on) more than once a year...

I need to place my order asap and still cant make up my mind, plus the e70 needs some lovin too, looking for new rim+tires package...

"Lapit mga kaibigan at makinig kayo, ako'y may dala-dalang balita galing sa bayan ko
    Nais kong ipamahagi ang mga kwento at mga pangyayaring nagaganap sa lupang ipinangako..."

Yeah, I can't really justify the cost for me. If I was auto-x, track, or used winter wheels, then maybe. I like the way they look on an aggressive stance.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast