Hey everybody. Scott here. Los Angeles. Met some of you SoCal guys at the BMW museum about 6 months ago.

Get some tissues, sit down. Sad story.

I am right now looking for another zhp, hoping third time's the charm.... third time in 6 months... yeah... listen... ugh...

So I fell in love, philosophically, with zhp's. Found one at an independent dealer -- I know, I know, I vowed never to buy a car from a dealer like that but...

Car had some issues but got an estimate from my mechanic after he checked the car thoroughly, made an offer, they took it. Had it fixed. Made financial sense. Then got rejected on auto loan cuz lender found that, attached to title, was info that the car had frame damage. Undisclosed by dealer. With a baby, I didn't want that. Tried taking it back, getting reimbursed for repairs, dealer was a total nightmare. Sued him. Settling in my favor as we speak. That was zhp #1.

So I scoured and scoured and found my absolute dream zhp. Flew to get it. Silver-grey. 04. 37,000 original miles. Manual. I know the word "immaculate" is bandied about a lot, often mistakenly, but this car was - immaculate. And a better than fair price, super nice seller. The BMW mechanic I brought the car to before purchasing told the seller out of my earshot that if I didn't buy it, he would(!).

Couldn't've been happier. Love. Sweet sweet love. For the first time in my life I was taking a car to be washed every week... That was 6 months ago.

Three nights ago, someone slammed into my parked zhp on a major street in LA, probably going 80mph. Sigh. I came outside to see a crowd around my car, glass everywhere, my trunk sticking up in a sickening angle... I could go into grisly detail but... let's just say the gas tank was exposed. My car had been pushed about 15 feet and slammed into parked car ahead with such force that the hood accordioned as well. Um. I was pretty upset. Totalled. Guy fled the scene, a hit and run. But someone took his picture. And his radiator was falling out of his car. And then his front license plate fell off as he was fleeing. So I was able to hand the cops his actual license plate.

That was zhp #2. A big emotional loss I must say. The car and me had bonded.

BTW, I'm toying with the idea of buying back the salvage for parts. Interior is pristine. Engine, amazingly, is in fine shape. 37,000 miles. Trannie great. Doors perfect. There's a lot of exc condition parts here guys, wondering if I should part her out myself... ?

So, fellas, now I am looking for zhp #3. Everything happens for a reason, right? RIGHT?

I'll check the for sale threads... But I figured I'd put it out there... I'll fly anywhere for the right zhp. Must be sedan, must be manual, hoping for silver-gray but open, hoping for low low miles. Any help hugely appreciated. The way I figure it, either the universe has reserved an even perfecter zhp for me... or I should just ride my bike.