Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
i drove an E36 M3 before i ever drove a ZHP, and the engine noise and throttle response had me hook, line and sinker... however, the slow steering, and non-adjustable steering column were major detractors for me (actually the latter is the #1 reason i will never own an E36).

the ZHP has much, much better ergonomics, although the tilted-to-the-left steering column takes some getting used to. the seats are very comfortable but the lateral support is lacking (i'm 6'1" 190lbs and have a 32" waist - the adjustable bolsters in the E90 seem VERY intriguing - wondering if these seats are interchangeable?).

coming from a B5 A4 1.8T, the throttle response in the ZHP is uber-quick - no need for improvement here, for me.

i feel the main points for improvement for me are the shifter (the throw is fine but the side-to-side slop is awful - even our B5 A4 1.8T's stock shifter feels more precise), and the clutch engagement (haven't done the CDV delete yet - i am hoping this makes for smoother engagement).

peter
The non-adjustable steering column really bothered me too. Felt like a truck.