Well as some of you will already know due to my Facebook post On Saturday my Fiance and I as well as a few of our local BMW group went to Sebring for an SCCA PDX.

All was going great until the end of the second session when I pulled into the pits with a loud knocking coming from the car.

Luckily one of the cars running with us was our local Indy in his E39 540 wagon "shop truck" He took a look and a quick sound and said kill it bottom end is done.

We all became very confused as there were no warning signs, no low oil light, no cel, no loss of power, no big bang like something broke and no loss of any fluids.

Luckily one of the SCCA Instructors lives near me so he let me borrow his truck to rent a Trailer from U Haul and he kindly towed my car home.

As of this morning my Indy Pierre is digging in and starting the diagnosis. He is starting with the obvious and looking for metal in the oil and filter. If metal is found then obviously we have internal damage and a dead motor.

But he is also interested in the dual mass flywheel.

I first noticed the knocking after I had an off, and the car stalled as I tried to pull back on track, if there is no metal in the oil he thinks I may have broken the flywheel and worse case then would just be a clutch job.

I should know something today and will keep this tread updated.