Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 667 of 1008 FirstFirst ... 167567617657665666667668669677717767 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,670 of 10072
    Quote Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
    so is the exhaust side solenoid accessible w/o taking off the vanos unit completely?
    It's right under the VANOS and to the left. It is the same part number as the intake solenoid. Get at it with a wrench, inspect and clean.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Just put on new control arm bushings, removed the clutch delay valve, and flushed the brakes. Car feels great

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    It's right under the VANOS and to the left. It is the same part number as the intake solenoid. Get at it with a wrench, inspect and clean.
    Hard getting to it to loosen it but I did it and car seems to be back to normal. Lots of low end and no codes so I think it's safe to call it fixed. I will be asking for a partial refund though.

Vanos 0, Me 2

Marcus how do I go about getting my name changed to "the real dr.vanos"?

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Happy to report ses light was cleared and car feels good

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile
    Great job bro!

~Steve
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Quote Originally Posted by imola red zhp View Post
    Before After
    Looks great. I love the RCRs on Imola!

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

Thanks Ryan

Hard getting to it to loosen it but I did it and car seems to be back to normal. Lots of low end and no codes so I think it's safe to call it fixed. I will be asking for a partial refund though.

Vanos 0, Me 2

Marcus how do I go about getting my name changed to "the real dr.vanos"?

- Goin' H.A.M. Mobile
    Good news Real Dr. V.!
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Finally took the plunge the other day and ordered a new windshield to replace my pitted one. $247 from Lincoln BMW. Got an e mail today confirming it qualifies for their free shipping for the month of July. :-) I was afraid they might consider it "oversize" and charge me something for shipping.

Gonna be nice looking through a nice clear windshield. Been debating doing this for a couple of years.

Finally parked her back in the freshly renovated garage...

Garage pics coming in the thread I made.

2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Well, my car has had quite an adventure over the last week.

The car was running crappy at higher RPMs under load. Based on all the info that's out there, it was reasonable to assume the DISA and/or VANOS were to blame. I was intrigued with the "DISA Gold" upgrade option, and a rebuilt Dr Vanos unit only runs $250, so I figured I'd do them both as preventative maintenance at the very least, and would hopefully solve my stumbly issue in the process. I dropped the car off with my mechanic a week ago today, along with a set of OEM Sachs shocks & struts, for a full suspension refresh, including bushings at both ends and shock mounts, OEM parts to be supplied by the shop. I got a call last Wednesday afternoon - the "new" VANOS unit was throwing codes on both intake and exhaust sides, and the car wouldn't rev for shiite. It took a day to get the good doctor to talk to my mechanic, and after that conversation, he concluded that the unit was indeed bad, and agreed to send a replacement. That was Thursday. The replacement didn't arrive until TODAY (thanks a lot, Doc). My mechanic (Babbitt Motor Werks in Mesa, GREAT guys) cut me a sweet deal on the labor, despite having to do the VANOS twice. All is well now, and the car probably runs better than the day it rolled off the line.

Since purchasing in May with 53k miles, I've now done the following:

Inspection II
    new A- and C-pillars
    set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports (can't say enough about these tires - best I've ever driven on, by far)
    new ZHP shift knob
    full 3-step detail by the local "master", including interior & engine compartment
    added a set of Cocomats
    full suspension refresh & (of course) alignment
    VANOS swap for rebuilt unit
    DISA Gold
    replacement Ebay stock head unit to replace original with knackered volume knob

Next up:
    USASpec iPod adapter
    cooling system refresh at some point

The car looks and drives FANTASTIC now. I feel so fortunate to have found the "right" car very quickly, that met all of my desired criteria when I began searching a few months ago. I found this one in Miami, and the distance would normally have kept me from pursuing it, but my best pal lives nearby, is a former stealership mechanic, and did a VERY detailed pre-purchase inspection and photoshoot for me, as well as hung onto it as I arranged transportation to Arizona. It's the perfect companion to my M Coupe, and it's awesome to switch off between the two, since they both have their own outstanding (but very different) virtues.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Page 667 of 1008 FirstFirst ... 167567617657665666667668669677717767 ... LastLast