Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thunderhill looks like an awesome course. How do you like those gloves?

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Gloves are fine but I've never tried any other driving gloves, so can't compare! Was part of a cheap "Lemons Package" that came with single-layer suit, Nomex underwear, driving shoes, and basic Snell 2005 helmet. Here's the same track later that day with some rain.

Pumpkin? Are you sure?
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    You have a pumpkin on your back window.

Thunderhill is awesome! I need to make a trip up there again soon. My best there so far is 2:11.xxx

Buttonwillow CW13 Black Friday :D

Derbo, my friend, you are far faster than I am! I could see if I drive more aggressively and improve my line on each corner, I *might* be able to do Thunderhill in 2:20 on a warm dry day. No idea how I could get down to 2:11 territory.

At Buttonwillow you (or somebody) ran the E39 around in about 2:12, which is 5 seconds faster than my best time there in the ZHP (2:17).

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    Thunderhill is awesome! I need to make a trip up there again soon. My best there so far is 2:11.xxx

At Buttonwillow CW13, my personal best is 2.08.xxx in the first video. The 2nd video I was just playing around chasing the E39 to see what his average times roughly were. I wish I had thunderhill footage but I didn't get a Gopro then.

Thunderhill is a fun course and its definitely one that requires a little more balls on a few corners (turn 5, turn 8)

My first time at Thunderhill I was driving a 2:20. There is definitely plenty of places to work on to get up to that kind of speed! I think mainly the focus is to look at the corners individually and see which ones you want to work on. ie. Turn 6. This corner setups for turn 7, 8 all the way to 9. If you lose too much speed on turn 6, you end up screwing up the speeds of 7,8, and entry of 9. Exit of 9 is also important since it is a downhill straight towards turn 10. I think working on those exit speeds before straights will shave the most time off the lap times since entrance speed of the straights affects how fast you enter the next corner dramatically.

AutoX video from the Sonoma Raceway (Infineon or Sears Point) parking lot on November 17, 2012. Tight course, no timing--just practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhbv1ZBONUI

It's no longer 2012, but here's my first AutoX of 2013, BMW CCA Golden Gate chapter at Marina Airport. No car classifications or points yesterday but they did have timing. My best time was 53.002. Best drivers with similar cars were running around 51. Best BMW M3 drivers (E36 and E46, coilovers, and stickier tires) were running 47 or 48 seconds. This was my best lap.

Gotta love concrete, and the massive understeer that comes with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    I think a lot of the understeer is the nut behind the wheel. I should be back there 4/20 hopefully with better driving technique.

This is not quite AutoX or track but probably fits here. Electric kart at K1 Speed. I try to pass the guy in the green shirt at 3:27 but he whacks me a few seconds later to get back in front. Not sure if that was my mistake (incomplete pass) or his mistake.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast