Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 40 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: Derbo's ZHP

Pics or it didn't happen!

Quote Originally Posted by wertyu78 View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen!

It's not here yet..but here is the pic :P

Parts I plan to swap:
    -Subframe
    -Differential
    -Sway Bar
    -Half-shafts
    -Driveshaft

The plan is to replace the bushings on the subframe/Diff bushings with either OEM or Poly Mounts.

I'm not 100% sure that the 330i trailing arms and brakes are interchangeable. I've seen threads on E46F that say it is not necessary but one member here (Jlastor) did write a reivew where the halfshafts did not fit the 330i trailing arms and that has me concerned.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-end-diff-swap

I had a talk with Kalim tonight on the topic, and exhaust clearance with the subframe also came into concern. I might be choosing a new exhaust sooner than I thought. Also turner motorsports reinforcement plates pop into the topic. I am undecided on the reinforcement since I already filled the frame with the BMW Epoxy Foam.

Only a few concerns but only one way to find out! Hopefully I will be able to take pictures and have a good log of the install as well.

I strongly urge you to use poly bushings. You'll have to zip tie your speed sensors in place to keep functionality. Len has done this.

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    I had a talk with Kalim tonight on the topic, and exhaust clearance with the subframe also came into concern. I might be choosing a new exhaust sooner than I thought. Also turner motorsports reinforcement plates pop into the topic. I am undecided on the reinforcement since I already filled the frame with the BMW Epoxy Foam.

Only a few concerns but only one way to find out! Hopefully I will be able to take pictures and have a good log of the install as well.
    Well the biggest issue with reinforcing the subframe is just getting everything out, right? I am not familiar with the epoxy foam, but I would put in the reinforcement while I was at it too just to make the car more stout. My .02.

Looks great though buddy.
    "Cam"

2009 Ultrasonic Blue Mica/Alpine White ISF
    1998 Nassau Blue/Grey C5 Corvette 6spd Sold
    2003 Imola Red/Alcantara 330i ZHP 6spd Sold
    2002 TiAg/Black M3 6spd Sold

I was looking at that rear end on ebay.

Keep us updated.

My HKS Exhaust

JeppeJ S54 Swap

These two pictures keeps me hopeful that the exhaust will work! Len got the 330i trailing arms to work and I am hopeful that is the same case for me. My reasoning to do so is to minimize M3 parts during the swap.

Wert, Cam,

I will definitely consider poly and the reinforcement kit. If it is significantly most expensive that OEM rubber, I may just opt for OEM Rubber since the BMW is still running rubber all around. Like Justin said, If you take care of the weakest link, the next link in line will be the one that gains the stress.

Vas,

they sell more than one.

After looking at the reinforcement kit by TMS, I'm not 100% I am able to do it. The instructions state that it is needed to cut the trunk top floorplan area to weld a new support bracket. I injected the structural foam into that area through the two holes next to the square area they cut out. Unless I cut it out and remove the structural foam in that area (however difficult that may be..)

see page 8

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/imag...nforcement.pdf

get the one from Mason, bolts right in

I like JP! lol

My tentative list of parts to order, just waiting on the subframe to arrive so I double check if there are any other missing parts.. Those are Tischer BMW online prices. I have to check what my discount is from the dealership to see if its cheaper..

Performance technic charges around 1k for a subframe reinforcement, they weld in the plates and everything. I think 1k is for parts and labor, which is a pretty good deal.

Page 40 of 195 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast