Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    First thing I noticed when I saw the pics... Not the blown tire but how clean the wheels are =)

~Steve
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mods: Smoked corners, smoked side markers, smoked tails, 35% tint, CF kidney grills, debadged, angel eyes, 3000k HID Fogs, OBX exhaust, Sharked, solo werks S1 coilovers, front and rear strut brace, AUX cable
    "I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me"

Quote Originally Posted by echo46 View Post
    That's a good question, I thought it was wearing even but then again I knew I was getting new tires this fall so I didn't check in a while. I still can't believe this thing.
    I'm just glad you didn't have a major accident cause of it! I've seen worse at my dealership and usually its abnormal wear from the tire from a bad alignment or damage near the wheel. BUT there were times a brand new tire just blew out of nowhere too.

That what someone's wheels look like when that particular individual is an anal retentive ass --i.e. me. Now if I could just get every paint chip taken care of I would be a bit more stable

Reviving an old thread because last week I had a very similar blowout on a rear Bridgestone Potenza RE760. It looked almost just like echo46's, but I forgot to take a picture. I don't blame the tire though because I drove it beyond the wear bars and was doing autoX with a little drifting on it 3 days before that. And I was running about -2.0° camber in back so the inner shoulder was worn. Failed at 65mph on the freeway. Part of the tread was flopping around making noise in the wheel well but I didn't think it was blown. Pulled off into a U-haul parking lot and was very surprised to find a shredded tire.

Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    ...I drove it beyond the wear bars and was doing autoX with a little drifting on it 3 days before that. ...was very surprised to find a shredded tire.
    Surprised?? Glad you and the car are ok. What will you replace them with?

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Surprised for 2 reasons.
    1) It didn't feel like a blown tire when driving, no "whump-whump-whump"; maybe because it's low profile.
    2) The entire inner sidewall was broken like in echo46's picture. I would expect it to blow out in one spot and the rest of the sidewall still be intact.

It was making funny noises in the wheel well for a bit before I pulled off the freeway. Maybe it wore/blew through in one spot, deflated, and then the sidewall shredded because I kept driving at freeway speeds on a flat tire. Replaced with Pilot Super Sports.

And I'm thinking of going with less negative camber front and back. Front is fairly easy to adjust with camber plates. Back requires a little more work. But I could go to about -1.5 front -1.7 rear for now and back to -3.0 front, -2.0 rear for race track later.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234